IGNORED

Magic mushrooms’ effects illuminated in brain imaging studies

roasty

Poeple need to experience ego death before their 21st birthday, the world would be a better place.

Dam I'm late. Turned 21 in December but I think I've already manged to understand the sensation without the use of drugs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not consider myself a religious person in the usual sense, but there is a religious aspect to some highs. The heightened sensitivity in all areas gives me a feeling of communion with my surroundings, both animate and inanimate. Sometimes a kind of existential perception of the absurd comes over me and I see with awful certainty the hypocrisies and posturing of myself and my fellow men. And at other times, there is a different sense of the absurd, a playful and whimsical awareness. Both of these senses of the absurd can be communicated, and some of the most rewarding highs I've had have been in sharing talk and perceptions and humor. Cannabis brings us an awareness that we spend a lifetime being trained to overlook and forget and put out of our minds.

photo-10611.jpg

Poeple need to experience ego death before their 21st birthday, the world would be a better place.

Dam I'm late. Turned 21 in December but I think I've already manged to understand the sensation without the use of drugs.

for some people i think having 'ego death' just turns you into more of a fantasy world bubble living sociopath. I know people who have benefitted immensely from psychedelics and other people who are just so fucking out of touch and psychologically damaged that its really a toss up. PSychedelics in and of themselves causing ego death would not make the world a better place.

Guest viscosity

now I know this is a shroom thread, but I'd like to discuss K-Holes.. now that was the hardest I have ever tripped. felt like I had torn into a different realm of existence. I suppose atypical psychedelics are a bit different then mushrooms or lsd, but I would have never thought I could experience something so real, fascinating and terrifying at the same time.. an ambivalent experience for me. I really felt I was in a world of my own.

Guest viscosity

also I consider myself agnostic, but this was intense enough to shake that belief. one could argue it was just an altered state of consciousness but there was a definite spiritual aspect that was too strong to deny.

been reading up on it a bit too with Karl Jansen. the idea of synchronicity became very clear through these experiences. not that i don't already feel that sense in full sobriety, but it felt cemented after frequent use

shrooms are damn good fun.

FUN...

yeah, way more fun when you don't need a permission note from your mummy.

wtf, is this an age game now? fun isn't the best word to describe shrooms, buddy. they aren't mean't to be used for recreation, in my opinion

for some people i think having 'ego death' just turns you into more of a fantasy world bubble living sociopath. I know people who have benefitted immensely from psychedelics and other people who are just so fucking out of touch and psychologically damaged that its really a toss up. PSychedelics in and of themselves causing ego death would not make the world a better place.

Yeah, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek. Experiencing ego death helped me a lot in a time where i was heading into some serious problems, but i know its not the same for everyone.

I had shrooms for the first time last night. At first it was extremely blissful, but it turned into a pretty bad trip. I thought everybody was fake and hit a few people in my dorm. And ripped a fluorescent light out of the ceiling. Fortunately I had some good friends with me who calmed me down. For better or worse it was an incredible experience.

why shouldn't you use shrooms for fun? Played an ultimate tournament where half the team was high on shrooms (myself included) last year and that was great fun.

why shouldn't you use shrooms for fun? Played an ultimate tournament where half the team was high on shrooms (myself included) last year and that was great fun.

I agree, but fun can turn into friends trying to scare the shit out of you with halloween masks.

shrooms aren't fun, in the right doses. shrooms are there to obtain wisdom. not get silly high like a twat (on a few) and fuck about.

I had shrooms for the first time last night. At first it was extremely blissful, but it turned into a pretty bad trip. I thought everybody was fake and hit a few people in my dorm. And ripped a fluorescent light out of the ceiling. Fortunately I had some good friends with me who calmed me down. For better or worse it was an incredible experience.

welcome aboard. everybody is fake. you've taken your first steps in to a much larger world.

I agree, but fun can turn into friends trying to scare the shit out of you with halloween masks.

But then realize that you are on a drug, and the effects - no matter how bad they are, are temporary.

shrooms aren't fun, in the right doses. shrooms are there to obtain wisdom. not get silly high like a twat (on a few) and fuck about.

Well you clearly haven't taken the right dose yet. keep trying son!

But then realize that you are on a drug, and the effects - no matter how bad they are, are temporary.

lol. son. i think it's you who should keep trying.

Thats easy to say if you are experienced. When i was young and stupid i took mushroom and was hanging out with idiot chavs, when i was peaking they trapped me in the closet with two toy skeletons and a devil mask i thought i was in hell and was going to stay there forever (i didnt have the experience so i thought it was all real)

Anyone who thinks that shrooms are only to be used to gain esoteric knowledge clealry hasn't understood how to use the knowledge gleaned from the ingestion of shrooms. So like I said, keep trying.

you can learn a lot from doing shrooms, about yourself and other people.

i learnt a lot about Human behaviour in my youth, doing shrooms.

like a Shaman.

Anyone who thinks that shrooms are only to be used to gain esoteric knowledge clealry hasn't understood how to use the knowledge gleaned from the ingestion of shrooms. So like I said, keep trying.

your ego big. your dick small.

edit: also, did i say "only" ? i never said only. you assume, because you're an ass. i never liked you. lol

like a Shaman.

edit: also, did i say "only" ? i never said only. you assume, because you're an ass. i never liked you. lol

You said: "shrooms aren't fun, in the right doses. shrooms are there to obtain wisdom. not get silly high like a twat (on a few) and fuck about." While you didn't say "only" explicitly, the logical conclusion to be drawn is that you believe they are only to be used for "serious" purposes like obtaining wisdom.

Only the truly insecure need to resort to insulting another man's cock size. proper muppet.

FUN...

wtf, is this an age game now? fun isn't the best word to describe shrooms, buddy. they aren't mean't to be used for recreation, in my opinion

oh, don't get me wrong, they're more than damn good fun too. but they also happen to be...damn good fun

ok well if you want me to qualify

"shrooms are damn good fun when you're having a good time on them"

there

oh they can be fun, if fun is what you want to get out of it (and you take a light dose), but fun isn't the the underlying message behind the mushroom trip. it's much more spiritual and, if anything, wants to reveal the expectation of "fun" as a culturally conditioned reaction in the ego-structure of a culturally embedded human that tries to block-out the more transformative effects of the trip.

like a Shaman.

You said: "shrooms aren't fun, in the right doses. shrooms are there to obtain wisdom. not get silly high like a twat (on a few) and fuck about." While you didn't say "only" explicitly, the logical conclusion to be drawn is that you believe they are only to be used for "serious" purposes like obtaining wisdom.

Only the truly insecure need to resort to insulting another man's cock size. proper muppet.

so i was right?

blame the shrooms!! lol

edit: i just wanted to get down to the bone, quickly. strip the bullshit away and get down to it.

i know you, chenGOD. i've seen your kind before ;)

:lol:

FUN...

oh, don't get me wrong, they're more than damn good fun too. but they also happen to be...damn good fun

ok well if you want me to qualify

"shrooms are damn good fun when you're having a good time on them"

there

oh they can be fun, if fun is what you want to get out of it (and you take a light dose), but fun isn't the the underlying message behind the mushroom trip. it's much more spiritual and, if anything, wants to reveal the expectation of "fun" as a culturally conditioned reaction in the ego-structure of a culturally embedded human that tries to block-out the more transformative effects of the trip.

yes! you can learn something new every time. instead of going, 'ha ha i'm on shrooms, i'm silly high, this is awesome'. like a twat. l

like a Shaman.

so i was right?

blame the shrooms!! lol

edit: i just wanted to get down to the bone, quickly. strip the bullshit away and get down to it.

i know you, chenGOD. i've seen your kind before ;)

:lol:

It's average size. Why the obsession with other men's penises sirch? You just want to get down to the bone? Quickly get down to it? I'm sure there are plenty of swinging dicks round your neck of the woods that will let you get down to their bone.

What kind? You don't know anything about me.

impotentwhitecapitalist - you haven't learned anything if you can't let your ego go and have fun, removing socially constructed expectations of how one is to act. The idea that the mushroom trip is a voyage to explore your psyche is another social construct.

Archived