IGNORED

Altering Illusions by Echospace

Guest blakeboogie

Comparing Rod Modell to Sasu Ripatti is completely illogical. I am a massive Delay fan and his work couldn't be further from Modell's.

Anyway, despite the price, this set is actually quite impressive.

I'm fans of these guys, but at this point I just give up; they've oversaturated their product and no sane person can or should chase down every echospace dub / variant reduction / CV313 remaster they fart out on a regular basis.

I'm fans of these guys, but at this point I just give up; they've oversaturated their product and no sane person can or should chase down every echospace dub / variant reduction / CV313 remaster they fart out on a regular basis.

I pretty much agree with you, with the exception of their vinyl releases. I've sort of made it my official Echospace test - if it is new material, and they issue it on vinyl, I'll get it. Lord knows if I come to regret that at any point I'll be able to get all my money back (and then some) by selling them on Discogs.

Guest goodwillsidis

I originally thought echospace was too close to CR but Coldest Season swung me. then felt oversaturated after getting the vinyl EPs--could hardly tell some of them apart, but Liumin + the Hash Bar fulllengths are great growers imo, really unfold after many listens + drugs. I think dudes are great at the fulllength but make pretty optional shorter works.

Comparing Rod Modell to Sasu Ripatti is completely illogical. I am a massive Delay fan and his work couldn't be further from Modell's.

Anyway, despite the price, this set is actually quite impressive.

i mean more on the basis of what they did with that whole chain reaction, "dub techno" sound. i just think delay had the most original approach.

Oh I absolutely agree. Echospace's take on dub techno (and for that matter most other artists') is really no different than how widespread and homogenized ambient music has now become. Still, I find myself into what they're doing even though I only really listen to them when I'm reading in bed. Context, you know?

Edit: From the CR stable I would also include the Fluxion releases as having been pretty unique, even within that template. I still get excited listening to all the Vibrant Forms material, even today.

Archived