IGNORED

cv313 - Dimensional Space

Redruth

Shit, I'm totally on that though. Never managed to buy Seduction Of Silence, but have regretted it since, so this will be a great opportunity to get it on wax now.

Also, DC13-16 - will be interested to find out if that includes 15, though I doubt it does since they said 3LP set. Would be a killer thing to reissue all by itself though. Hoping they do. Maybe it'll be one of the "CD editions"?

Also also, I'm glad I never forked out for the Dimensional Space 2CD. Now that I know they're doing a vinyl set, I'd rather have that instead.

Exciting! Better start saving my cash now though.

I'm ultimately finding these days that I'm not willing to spend a bunch of money on these lavish vinyl editions, whether it's Echospace or someone else, unfortunately. I'm sure they sound excellent, but for the price tag on these Deepchord 3xLP sets, for instance, I could pick up three standard LPs, or a handful of CDs, instead. I'll be picking up the CD editions though. They're really going all out this year. Hoping those Deepchord Presents Echospace outtakes are released in July as well.

I wish I had known about the CD edition of the Deepchord re-issues before paying for the vinyl. Echospace seems to haphazardly choose what to release and when without letting us know what's in store. Good way to get the money of the fans and collectors, but dumb since most of it has already been released yet with some "remastering" and some new tracks. I still want to know the tracklisting for the Dimensional Space collection, I have most of the cv313 on vinyl already so I doubt I will splooge on the vinyl edition if it's mostly the already released 12s. That last Deepchord collection is probably the last big vinyl set I will get from them, just to complete the already started set.

They sure are milking it now with all these LP editions.

Not sure that's entirely fair since some of the releases were never available on LP before, so it's catering to a potentially different market. But I guess that only really applies to the Bvdub and Intrusion re-issues. The staggered release of the CD/Vinyl or Vinyl/CD editions is a bit off though, I agree. Especially if there will be digital editions as well.

I wish I had known about the CD edition of the Deepchord re-issues before paying for the vinyl. Echospace seems to haphazardly choose what to release and when without letting us know what's in store. Good way to get the money of the fans and collectors, but dumb since most of it has already been released yet with some "remastering" and some new tracks. I still want to know the tracklisting for the Dimensional Space collection, I have most of the cv313 on vinyl already so I doubt I will splooge on the vinyl edition if it's mostly the already released 12s. That last Deepchord collection is probably the last big vinyl set I will get from them, just to complete the already started set.

Sorry - didn't see this post before replying to the last.

Same here. I wish the vinyl editions had just come with a digital download as well.

Maybe you read something I didn't, but where did you read that the Deepchord CD reissues were coming with bonus tracks? As I understand it, the CD versions are probably the same as the vinyl, content wise, which would be totally fine and understandable. I don't think it's a slight against fans either, considering the vinyl demand for that material was so high for years and still is.

Regarding this kind of rehashing released material with bonus tracks in a cash grab, I remember when Silent World came out and people who bought the vinyl were slightly miffed by the fact that the Boomkat digital version that followed came with two bonus cuts, and the expensive vinyl set didn't even have a digital counterpart. Hitchell himself saw this and responded, offering the two exclusive bonus tracks as a free download to everyone who could provide a receipt for Silent World.

Though, for the price of the vinyl sets, I agree that there should be a digital counterpart to them, but it isn't a dealbreaker for me.

So, if the Deepchord CDs come out with extra stuff, I'm going to totally email Steve again and ask if he'd be willing to hook my vinyl sets up with some digital friends...

I was referencing the vinyl cut of Intrusion when saying it would have some new tracks. Don't know what the DC cd will have. But yes, a download code for a lossless copy and any extra tracks ought to be standard with any vinyl order. They are sold at premium prices and I expect to get my money's worth.

I also messaged Steve directly about if they were going to host high res files of all their stuff at some point, since I'm tired of buying their OOP releases on Boomkat. Apparently they're setting up a bandcamp page that should be good to go sometime in June or July.

I also messaged Steve directly about if they were going to host high res files of all their stuff at some point, since I'm tired of buying their OOP releases on Boomkat. Apparently they're setting up a bandcamp page that should be good to go sometime in June or July.

That really, really is good news.

• 1 month later...

Boom:

"Echospace official bandcamp site going live in 1 week, the entire catalog along with unreleased content going live, mail order system setup and in place. The final archival edition of deepchord should also be landing!"

"Brock van wey's new album home shipping to europe next week, they look and sound stunning! The cv313 "dimensional space" album heading along with them, about time!!!! Even my kids were getting down I think that's a good sign!"

Fantastic.Source?

Boom:

"Echospace official bandcamp site going live in 1 week, the entire catalog along with unreleased content going live, mail order system setup and in place. The final archival edition of deepchord should also be landing!"

"Brock van wey's new album home shipping to europe next week, they look and sound stunning! The cv313 "dimensional space" album heading along with them, about time!!!! Even my kids were getting down I think that's a good sign!"

• 3 months later...

I dislike that they keep putting exclusives tracks on all the different mediums. It gets all confusing. Good for milking the dough out of the fans, I guess. They say it's limited to 500, or is it just with all that schwag and there will be a vanilla version of it at other outlets? I am on the fence if I'll bother to get this, have the good tracks already and the new remixes didn't do much for me. And it seems they will release singles, so I will probably end up getting them instead of this.

Guest jasondonervan

Has anyone who ordered any physical discs (CDs, vinyl) actually received anything yet? I ordered quite a few bits when the bandcamp first went up, but nothing through (to the UK) yet... although I wonder if my orders are being batched as some items had future release dates?

Archived