IGNORED

Echospace [Detroit] Bandcamp

Guest jasondonervan

Thoroughly confused at this point, but it sounds like I should just “pre-order” the physical of Dimensional Space today, and therefore get as many tracks as possible (digi track list + 2CD). Is this recommended?

I'm not sure exactly what is confusing about it, but yes. Pre-order the physical and get the different digital version immediately.

I would guess that once the label-direct copies are sold out and the CD is actually released you'd get both versions as a download if purchasing from the Bandcamp site.

Edited by Jamesqdot

Splendid. It was more the lack (?) of track lists as well as the fact that the physical was originally stated to be shipping (??) but in fact did not ship (???) or maybe it did but is now waiting for more stock and is therefore in “preorder” again but oh by the way ALSO some of the tracks were previously released and also by the way there is apparently a previous cv313 12" called “Dimensional Space” listed on discogs that perhaps is related but maybe not (????) and either way it’s not an LP anyway… that I found confusing.

EDIT: Jus’ sayin’

Edited by Ascdi

Splendid. It was more the lack (?) of track lists as well as the fact that the physical was originally stated to be shipping (??) but in fact did not ship (???) or maybe it did but is now waiting for more stock and is therefore in preorder again but oh by the way ALSO some of the tracks were previously released and also by the way there is apparently a previous cv313 12" called Dimensional Space listed on discogs that perhaps is related but maybe not (????) and either way its not an LP anyway that I found confusing.

EDIT: Jus sayin

Oh. Yes. That. ;-)

The 12" having the same title is a bit confusing but it was released years ago. And both the tracks on it are part of the digital download.

Re the stocking of the item, Stephen has had massive trouble with the CD plant and has had to switch to a different one. There was a lot of explanatory detail about delays included in a recent email sent to all on their mailing list.

The physical orders will soon be fulfilled by the sounds of things.

Zoom in on the new artwork for Dimensional Space and you can see (just about) the 2CD track list.

Was not inspired by the new Brock van Wey. If the singing is to a minimum I might get it.

Yeah the dude needs to give his vocal samples a break, or better yet, stop using them in the first place.

Was not inspired by the new Brock van Wey. If the singing is to a minimum I might get it.

Yeah the dude needs to give his vocal samples a break, or better yet, stop using them in the first place.

Why? I think a lot of them work really well.

I find them to be very invasive and new age sounding, even the prominent vocals on white clouds. Background vocals are cool I guess but I feel like the ones that take center stage are overbearing. They don't seem necessary.

I find them to be very invasive and new age sounding, even the prominent vocals on white clouds. Background vocals are cool I guess but I feel like the ones that take center stage are overbearing. They don't seem necessary.

Fair enough. I don't personally find them new agey in general, though I'll agree they sometimes head in that direction.

I'd find many tracks rather dull without them, since they often deliberately take centre stage.

Then again, I'm not really in the "doesn't like vocals" camp generally.

Edited by Jamesqdot

Yeah I guess I'd rather have some synth overdubs or something like that, instead of the vocals up front. I find that a lot of the time, the vocals in songs/pieces aren't nearly as good as everything else going on, and it takes me out of the track. I definitely appreciate vocals, but they have to be done a certain way.

Anyways, thinking of picking up that new 2xCD version of Seduction of Silence. For whatever reason, I had decided that I wasn't very into the album when I initially heard it. Digging it now though. Enticed by the second disc.

Edited by Deion Sanders

Guest jasondonervan

Just received a mail:

"First and foremost, thanks again for your undying support of our music and vision, it's truly heartwarming. Enclosed below you will find a download link to cv313 "live @ primary" full release. Unfortunately, we have learned once we updated the masters on the Bandcamp release they didn't automatically email everyone who's purchased or pre-ordered the CD, so without further ado we present to you the full album below, enjoy!

The shipment of the physical CD will be fulfilled in the coming week with a little token of our appreciation for your patience and riveting support!

All the best in 2014!
Team Echospace

- We also have added a new import CD, sticker and T-shirt, we're ordering T-shirt sizes based on orders so keep that in mind."

various artists - the midst of something beautiful (Japan only CD edition, 50 copies [NO DIGITAL])

a0659413349_2.jpg

"Limited Edition CD release available exclusively in Japan (Import). only 50 copies are available, features existing classics from the echospace catalog as well as unpublished material all remastered for this compilation. Packaged in a black digipak, poly sealed w/a 5" X 5" Kodak photo print of imagery captured while in Japan. Our apologies but given the small pressing of this release digital versions will NOT be available, piracy is a real problem adversely effecting small labels like our own."

Limited Edition cv313 "Dimensional Space" T-Shirt (50)

0002315410_36.jpg

waterproof vinyl sticker (FREE with every merchandise order placed on bandcamp! :-)

0002316509_36.jpg

various artists - the midst of something beautiful (Japan only CD edition, 50 copies [NO DIGITAL])

a0659413349_2.jpg

"Limited Edition CD release available exclusively in Japan (Import). only 50 copies are available, features existing classics from the echospace catalog as well as unpublished material all remastered for this compilation. Packaged in a black digipak, poly sealed w/a 5" X 5" Kodak photo print of imagery captured while in Japan. Our apologies but given the small pressing of this release digital versions will NOT be available, piracy is a real problem adversely effecting small labels like our own."

I like these guys and their music but seriously come the fuck on. By this logic they shouldn't bother selling anything digitally.

also, affecting.

Guest toosharp

I know there's been a lot of problems but has anyone received any physical orders yet?

I ordered '7/8/9', '10/11/12' & Altering Illusions cds back in September & the 'Echoes In Space' DVD library in October but i haven't received anything yet.

I know there's been a lot of problems but has anyone received any physical orders yet?

I ordered '7/8/9', '10/11/12' & Altering Illusions cds back in September & the 'Echoes In Space' DVD library in October but i haven't received anything yet.

The Deepchord CDs are delayed until February.

The other stuff will apparently start shipping next week.

Cheers for the heads-up.

I don't mind waiting, just happy to know they haven't gone awol in transit.

There's also an update on their Facebook page now with images of the newly arrived CV313 and Brock van Wey albums.

Did anyone else get shipping confirmations from Bandcamp? I got ones for live at primary, altering illusions, and in the midst of something beautiful, though dimensional space was missing. Steven's latest update on Facebook doesn't mention dimensional space as having a later ship date.

Guest jasondonervan

Shipping confirmation received:

cv313 - dimensional space

cv313 - live @ primary
cv313 - live excursions
various - midst of something beautiful
various - altering illusions

Waiting on:

deepchord - 07/08/09
deepchord - 10/11/12
intrusion - the seduction of silence

various - echoes in space DVD sound library

Edit: Ah, from Facebook:

"Good news all, label direct orders (via bandcamp) have all been dropped at the post tonight in one of the Coldest days this year, -15 wind chill. The Coldest Season and then some and yes, full pun intended! We'll be sending tracking info (customs ID's, etc) to everyone over the next 48 hours, taking a much needed rest for the next 24 hours. Thanks to all for your patience and continued support, thank god this is now behind us.

Enjoy all the new music, we put a little something special in there for everyone! Update 2: The intrusion 2xCD, Sound Library, deepchord cd's and final LP will also be shipping in the next 2 weeks and out in shops in February! Time for some ibuprofen and rest, God Bless!"

Edited by jasondonervan