IGNORED

The fighting thread

impakt

Anyone else into fighting here? Who's your favorite fighters? What your dream fight? Why is there no threads about this? Personally I really enjoy both UFC and K1. My favorite fighters are Badr Hari and Jon Jones.

l.gif

jonchokemac.gif

barbosa-etim0e1q2.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone ever watch the very first UFCs back when royce gracie would just snuggle someone for a few hours? How far MMA has come....

I trained for 4 years and then passed my knowledge onto children. When I saw those little childrens beat each others up, I got sad and quit. But I actually quit because my dojo would not pay me to teach, they made me teach as part of my requirement to get a black belt. what a racket. I'm sure some current MMA bad-ass was a pupil of mine.

yes UFC 1&2 are just amazing. that was right when I started college at uconn. that one guy who was a boxer came out with one boxing glove on to fight shamrock. dudes got their teeth kicked out and I remember a lot of nut smashing.

yes UFC 1&2 are just amazing. that was right when I started college at uconn. that one guy who was a boxer came out with one boxing glove on to fight shamrock. dudes got their teeth kicked out and I remember a lot of nut smashing.

UFC 2 - Where Pat Smith knocked the fuck out of the "Ninja" Scott Morris. LOL.

It's crazy how vicious the sport was back then. Also remember there were no weight classes. And it truly was "mixed" martial arts, as opposed to the fighting style that MMA has become.

There's still a lack of really good boxers in MMA, but I loved that shit.

And of course, you can't have a thread about MMA without having Fedor Highlights. Motherfucker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jdA-SaSJOM

(his fights against Nog were brutal. just amazing)

Oh and someone mentioned boxing - not so many great fighters at the moment, like there are some good fighters, but no real show stoppers.

So - probably pound for pound the best boxer ever: Roy Jones jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM6yMAvwjkE

I used to be really in to bare knuckle fighting. I started doing it while I was truck driving a couple of years ago. The money from the job was good, but fighting on the side became a bit too hard to resist. The money was great, really. Things got kind of crazy though. I started seeing this girl, and followed her out to Denver, but wound up getting in a lot of trouble with some people on the way there. Bunch of crazy fucks, it all started over some road rage bullshit...which lead to problems with local authorities etc.

After all that shit blew over, I met up with two friends of mine (well, one of being my pet named Clyde, who my friend was looking after), who came with me to Denver. We stopped at a few places for a few fights. We made out pretty well, though I had to be careful not to get stiffed. It happened once and I nearly got shot over the whole ordeal.

Any how..finally get to Denver and turns out the girl was a total bitch, which lead me in to more problems. Couldn't believe it, really. All that way for nothing. I decided to head home, but had a chance to fight a local bare knuckle boxing legend before I left. I was pretty exicted about it, but that didn't go so well either. I wound up forfeiting the fight, as the guy was kind of old and I felt like shit beating on him.

I haven't fought since, except for the occasionally match with Clyde.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Speaking of bare knuckle boxing, this guy on the left I got a picture with was probably the best fighter I've ever seen. I was so impressed with his alpha male beast mode fighting, I let him sex my girlfriend. Never caught his name, after I watched him sex my gf he dealt me a pretty bad concussion

4040975046_b84cbbb566.jpg

Archived