IGNORED

Do You Ever Find Yourself Secretly Wishing The World Would Come To An End?

Redruth

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only when I was young and bored out of my mind. There were moments where I actually thought life would be so much more interesting when living in a war, for instance. That was well before my 10th birthday, btw. Silly me.

Or blessed with a lack of knowledge.

I used to fantasize about the end of humans all the time, now I don't have to as I know it'll happen eventually anyway, but I have no wish to see it with my own eyes.

Edit: Actually if it was very special, I would see it. But what are the odds?

no. because even when there's a power cut we can't cope...

though i enjoy the darkness and candle light for an hour or so... knowing that it will come back on again soon.

Guest Xenblake

Yes often, since I was around the age of 19 this thought has crossed my mind as being a beautiful, finite thing to happen. It probably won't be so romantic, quick and beautiful when it finally does happen though.

Yeah, I have this sort of gleeful fear that one day nuclear war will have started. I'll catch it on the internet and just walk out of work.. I'll wait for my girlfriend before we head out into the villages with a suitcase full of food, water and clothes.

yes. quite often i think it would be grand if the human race were wiped out in one swift, painless motion. gone in a flash to leave our animal friends to take over, and then evolve over millions of years to hopefully become a more peaceful sort of supreme race. some sort of super-intelligent sparrow/crow hybrid species working together in search of the tastiest worms to gobble down on this fine, green earth.

lol I like the cut of your jib

apparently Troon is Lars Von Trier

it is said that the only thing that keeps us holding on to our experience in the world is the unclear understanding and inability to appreciate what is next. there is however difference between the end naturally

occurring and taking ones life through choice or force. taking life is undeniably wrong when it can be avoided

I don't think I've ever fantasized about a total end, but I sure did about a huge crash of the system followed by a time where people have to survive on their own, followed by a time where we would build on some new basis.

It's a fantasy really, but it's there in my head and somewhat I'd like it to happen.

huge crash of the system followed by a time where people have to survive on their own, followed by a time where we would build on some new basis.

this is rather healthy fantasy. maybe not so fanciful really?

Guest Franklin

despite understanding the consequences of traumas on individuals I have frequently over the years been secretly hoping for wars or large natural disasters that I could observe from a distance. As I get older I think this comes from some sort of boredom with the everyday.

I used to fantasize about the end of humans all the time, now I don't have to as I know it'll happen eventually anyway, but I have no wish to see it with my own eyes.

Edit: Actually if it was very special, I would see it. But what are the odds?

if it happens this process will prob. be very slow, culture will die long before humans die, and with culture the interest for history and similar things, so there won't be much to see, nobody will care, it will be more like the death in a product life cycle, oops where has it gone ? ah dunno my dumb post...

It seems society wants to romanticize the idea of an apocalypse... but like previously said, it wouldn't just happen overnight. but not in the sense of humans "giving up"... we'll just slowly burn as radiation falls from the sky.

Guest disparaissant

i dunno, i used to think about zombie apocalypses a lot but that's because my ex had a very real phobia of zombies and had panic attacks about it sometimes. she was weird.

aside from that, i have been known to say "we need a plague" but i don't actually mean that. i mean a drastic cut in the world's population would probably do us all a world of good, but i would not actually wish death on anyone and it wouldn't be pretty or fun anyhow.

huge crash of the system followed by a time where people have to survive on their own, followed by a time where we would build on some new basis.

this is rather healthy fantasy. maybe not so fanciful really?

maybe. but it's hard to speculate. I could imagine such a thing happening now but in the same time I could imagine the situation staying as it is for 20 years or so. On a political level, nothing really happens any more and I don't think such a crash could happen simply by the initiative of a group of people. Maybe something big has to happen so that the common consciousness assesses to a better awareness.

Archived