IGNORED

Pokemon Battle Royale

Joyrex

These are all AMAZING!!! This one alone just shows you the complete lack of creativity that went into the franchise after the first game... why make MORE pokemon when the first 150 weren't explored with anywhere NEAR the kind of depth they could have used? To tell stories, to have interesting battle mechanics etc...

tumblr_m2duphntA71rop2v0o1_1280.jpg

even as a kid, when the second generation of pokemon, i remember thinking "this is bullshit, fuck this"

in short: i don't have any interest in the games/show/etc now but i wholeheartedly agree.

These are all AMAZING!!! This one alone just shows you the complete lack of creativity that went into the franchise after the first game... why make MORE pokemon when the first 150 weren't explored with anywhere NEAR the kind of depth they could have used? To tell stories, to have interesting battle mechanics etc...

even as a kid, when the second generation of pokemon, i remember thinking "this is bullshit, fuck this"

in short: i don't have any interest in the games/show/etc now but i wholeheartedly agree.

Yeah I think the TV episodes would highlight certain Pokemon but I feel like the additions have been far more "hey, we need to put out a new game." Maybe the fact that other series like Digimon were becoming popular stateside pushed the expansions. If I recall correctly a lot of them evolved into or out of the original 150 (more of an excuse to put out the super cute ones)

Gallery is awesome, missing only one thing imo...

tumblr_lkq8o84Zyw1qc2eojo1_500.jpg

MISSINGNO MISSINGNO MISSINGNO MISSINGNO MISSINGNO MISSINGNO MISSINGNO

also, why could i NEVER move that motherfucking truck parked on the dock to get mew or some bullshit fake pokemon or whatever the secret was

but yeah, aside from IDPISPOPD, missingno was my first foray into breaking the code mold in video games. i find the whole idea of breaking bounds in a set system like video game glitches to be so wildly interesting, and as a kid, totally creeped me out.

Guest Gary C

I went for Missingno in my primary game and corrupted the save.

It was probably one of my most exciting experiences in gaming. I remember hunting for him and putting my Gameboy down for about 30 minutes, just looking at the battle screen and considering whether I wanted to corrupt my game or not. Didn't you have to fish in a certain spot (5 steps left, 2 steps right on a beach) with only Tentacool, right?

Either way, this was fucking Pokemon! Anyone who wasn't willing to distort their game for a transdimensional (fuck Porygon) pokemon wasn't playing properly IMO.

In fact, this might have been my first experience with something comparable to mind-altering substances.

I went for Missingno in my primary game and corrupted the save.

It was probably one of my most exciting experiences in gaming. I remember hunting for him and putting my Gameboy down for about 30 minutes, just looking at the battle screen and considering whether I wanted to corrupt my game or not. Didn't you have to fish in a certain spot (5 steps left, 2 steps right on a beach) with only Tentacool, right?

I believe you had to talk to the old man at viridian who would teach you how to catch pokemon, then fly over to one of the coastal cities (might have been Cinnabar) and on one area of the shore, you could surf up and down until Missingno or one of his brothers showed up. The ghost missingno was so cool.

Missingno.png

You could use the same process to get Safari pokemon by visiting the safari zone, then going back to the cinnabar island area. I question if it could've worked with the legendary birds and Mewtwo.

Edit: I never played Silver/Gold that much, but these glitches sound crazy: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Johto_guard_glitch

seriously guys. mythical beings based on hundreds (thousands?) of years of japanese folklore, or mythical beings based on video games and tv shows. no brainer here, get real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEcdfXi7KJg

OK, AWESOME.

Some of those monsters are here too:

http://pinktentacle.com/2010/07/macabre-kids-book-art-by-gojin-ishihara/

Archived