IGNORED

EURO 2012

Guest MortstoX

What is the point of Danny Welbeck?

he can actually hold on to the ball when England get it up the pitch?

I was pleasantly surprised that we were able to manage a draw. The sheer mediocrity of some of the players. Johnson, Milner, Parker, Lescott, Jordan fucking Henderson.

PS does anyone else think that Lescott uses his forehead growth to momentarily hypnotize defenders?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Player ratings:

Hart - 5 (I thought the goal was a tough one to save but thought he possibly could have. Was very flappy though and still parries out rather than over/around)

Johnson - 8

Terry - 7

Lescott - 8

Cole - 6

Milner - 6

Gerrard - 6

Oxlade-Chamberlain - 7

Parker - 6

Young - 6

Welbeck - 7

The defense was excellent and that's a good basis to build on. Our midfield need to help out in limiting long range efforts. It was good to see Carragher criticise his good pal Stevie about how he was too deep and not picking anyone up for Nasri's goal, that was poor defending from him. A bit better in possession and clinical in attack and we look a difficult team to beat.

Fair enough but i think he is useless without Rooney (or a second striker), at least with Andy Caroll the wingers can cross the ball and hope Caroll gets the ball in the back of the net with a header.

Fair enough but i think he is useless without Rooney (or a second striker), at least with Andy Caroll the wingers can cross the ball and hope Caroll gets the ball in the back of the net with a header.

Carroll would have destroyed Mexes. I was surprised he didn't come on and Defoe did.

974b8ea036d22279946e3a50479abd6b.gif

This fella got the biggest cheer of the night in the bar I watched the game in, followed by chants of "YOU FAT BASTARD!", typically in a northern accent.

Fun was had by all.

Did you actually watch the match or just cry softly into whatever piss you were drinking "down t pub"?

Our crosses were useless, and Torres has a better chance of scoring than Caroll does. Welbeck offers creativity and can actually put the ball in the back of the net. He worked hard to hustle the French off the ball, and then lay the ball back to our midfield "creators".

Don't understand how you give Johnson an 8 and Cole a 6. Both were fairly solid, but neither showed anything really special. 7s for both of them, but then it's your ranking.

Young is bloody useless in the middle of the pitch. Play him on the wing Woy!

Guest Gary C

I agree with Chen.

Your ratings shocked me. I'm not a fan of Johnson, but I'll admit that he wasn't bad, but certainly not England's best player. He might have given the team some drive on the right and it was necessary and welcome because Milner was often dragged inside to follow Gerrard. Johnson might have tricked it past a few players, but his final ball was poor (albeit without a target) and most of the time he would lose it and required cover behind him.

Hart - 6

Johnson - 6

Terry - 6

Lescott - 8

Cole - 6

Milner - 6

Gerrard - 6

Oxlade-Chamberlain - 7

Parker - 7

Young - 6

Welbeck - 7

Guest Gary C

Also, Chen's right again. Young (even in the middle) and Welbeck's enthusiasm up-front are far more effective than Carroll would be.

Guest Gary C
Uefa's statisticians leave no hiding place sometimes and in the pass-completion percentage Milner's was 48%, Young 47% and Oxlade-Chamberlain 46%. England's most accurate players, in fact, were all defenders, starting with John Terry (78%) then Glen Johnson (77%), Ashley Cole (74%) and Joleon Lescott (73%). After that it was Scott Parker (70%), Danny Welbeck (67%) and Steven Gerrard (66%).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jun/12/euro-2012-england-france-passing

Guest Mirezzi

Young and Welbeck, the former being a ballerina notwithstanding, were the only footballers capable of doing something noteworthy for England.

I know that nation is in a lot of pain, but fuck Greece.

I would for Roy to play Welbeck, but with a second striker. He benefits from having a partner up there (just watch any games he played for United). Against France it was pretty obvious what Roy's plan was, i think that plan could have worked better with Andy Carroll up front.

I bought one

nAsfL.jpg

pfffffffttttwwwwwwwwwaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

L-O-FUCKING-L

I would for Roy to play Welbeck, but with a second striker. He benefits from having a partner up there (just watch any games he played for United). Against France it was pretty obvious what Roy's plan was, i think that plan could have worked better with Andy Carroll up front.

Ahhhh I get what you're saying now. I could agree with that.

Sorry if I seemed liek an abrasive cunt, I'm just a gay dinosaur at heart.

The comments on this are absolutely brilliant!

https://www.facebook...151190064773206

"“The way the band have been treated leaves a sour taste in the mouth and is very disappointing". Much like a Pukka Pie then."

I am getting well behind this, that band are worse than the fucker with the bell at Portsmouth.

oh lol

Richard Madeley My wife Judy despises brass instruments and spends in excess of £470 a week on Pukka Pies. If these tuneless, parping degenerates are not banished from future England games she will be taking her custom to Ginsters.

Gutted.

Was that last Portugal goal really necessary.... But quite the strike though. Bendtner amazing when he plays against Portugal. 8 goals against them. Eriksen has been a big dissapointment so far.

Now we have to beat Germany. Which seems very unlikely.

Archived