IGNORED

E3 2012

Npoess

metal gears solid set in WWI & WWII

please

There was talk of that a little while ago. The story of The Boss in the World Wars that is. I think it would be quite awesome as well.

Metal Gear Rising looks like it's going waaaayy too far out there. But I will probably end up buying it anyways.

imo, Kojima should re-tell the story of the original MSX Metal Gears. The most epic moment in this franchise should be Solid Snake vs. Big Boss, and it isn't. You beat him with a spray and a damn lighter. It's lame, and it's a shame.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only watched EA's Press Conference (haven't been home) so I've only read up on Microsoft's press conference, but nothing I've seen so far has caught my attention. I don't know if it's me or the games coming out but I've had a hard time playing games lately. Skyrim got me bored rather quickly. I tried forcing myself into liking it but that didn't help. I did put around 50 hours (I think) into it though - insane. Haven't played more than 2 hours of Max Payne 3 either and I was fucking excited about that game, but... meh... dunno. Will probably get around to playing it sooner or later. The best game so far this year has been Fez. Downloadable games ftw.

I've been playing Max Payne 3 since last night, and haven't really stopped except to sleep and eat. Really like it.

I wanted to play Fez, but it's not out for PC. Even if it ever does (and I doubt it will) come out for PC, I'll never buy it and I won't even pirate it. Phil Fish can go fuck himself.

I've only watched EA's Press Conference (haven't been home) so I've only read up on Microsoft's press conference, but nothing I've seen so far has caught my attention. I don't know if it's me or the games coming out but I've had a hard time playing games lately. Skyrim got me bored rather quickly. I tried forcing myself into liking it but that didn't help. I did put around 50 hours (I think) into it though - insane. Haven't played more than 2 hours of Max Payne 3 either and I was fucking excited about that game, but... meh... dunno. Will probably get around to playing it sooner or later. The best game so far this year has been Fez. Downloadable games ftw.

You should definitely keep playing Max Payne 3. The story gets quite good, and some sinister/dark stuff is going to happen. The ending was really unsatisfing though. But still.. Great game.

You should definitely keep playing Max Payne 3. The story gets quite good, and some sinister/dark stuff is going to happen. The ending was really unsatisfing though. But still.. Great game.

Yeah, that's why I love Max Payne. It's so fucking dark and sinister, but even though it's the same voice actor he just sounds different. His dialogue isn't delivered in the same cheesy comic book style which I loved. Also, every now and then it sounds as if the voice over takes have been filtered or something, because sometimes they sound plain weird.

I wanted to play Fez, but it's not out for PC. Even if it ever does (and I doubt it will) come out for PC, I'll never buy it and I won't even pirate it. Phil Fish can go fuck himself.

I can see why some people wouldn't want to support him, but it's a fucking brilliant and INSANE game.

Wow... Dead Space 3 looks a lot more fps-action versus the survival horror of the first game (still have to play DS2). Hope it has the same creepy atmosphere the original has.

Yeah, that's why I love Max Payne. It's so fucking dark and sinister, but even though it's the same voice actor he just sounds different. His dialogue isn't delivered in the same cheesy comic book style which I loved. Also, every now and then it sounds as if the voice over takes have been filtered or something, because sometimes they sound plain weird.

I guess you didn't get far enough into the game? Max Payne is still definitely Max Payne, cheesy dialogue and all.

I can see why some people wouldn't want to support him, but it's a fucking brilliant and INSANE game.

I don't think anyone could pay me to play that game

Wow... Dead Space 3 looks a lot more fps-action versus the survival horror of the first game (still have to play DS2). Hope it has the same creepy atmosphere the original has.

Dead Space 2 was more of an action game than a survival horror game. You might get scared a couple of times to begin with but after a couple of hours it just turns into action and nothing more than that. It's a solid action but if you're into horror games then you'll get disappointed. With Dead Space 3 it looks like they've completely scrapped the horror elements. I mean, co-op will automatically make it loose its survival horror element.

Dead Space 2 was more of an action game than a survival horror game. You might get scared a couple of times to begin with but after a couple of hours it just turns into action and nothing more than that. It's a solid action but if you're into horror games then you'll get disappointed. With Dead Space 3 it looks like they've completely scrapped the horror elements. I mean, co-op will automatically make it loose its survival horror element.

I think that's why I haven't bothered with DS2 as of yet. I really liked the first game for it's atmosphere and visual style, and it sounds like DS2 lacks that based on what you said.

I really liked the new Max. He pretty much the biggest loser ever, and he is genuinely fucked up. But he really tries to do the right thing even though he don't know what it is. And I really liked all the metaphors he throws around every now and again, and some of it is really cheesy.

Don't know about the voice, didn't really notice it. Maybe it's because it's been many years since I played Max Payne 1 and 2.

And again.. If you like the dark stuff in previous Max Payne games, you should keep going. I hope I don't spoil too much by saying that. It's probably better not expecting anything (too late :facepalm:).

to be fair, Dead Space 1 was mostly DOOM 3 style scares anyway...

True. Just a bunch of closet monsters.

Anyway, play Fez. Don't be so touchy.

Metal Gear Rising is going to be a big clusterfuck.

I just saw them demo how you can rotate your "slice axis" around to hack up enemies into various pieces, but I really don't see any reason to this, the enemy is going to die reguardless. I'm kinda curious how/if this can enchance boss battles.

Watching enemies wriggle around on the floor after you cut off thier hands and legs off will be fun about 20 minutes.

I just saw them demo how you can rotate your "slice axis" around to hack up enemies into various pieces, but I really don't see any reason to this, the enemy is going to die reguardless. I'm kinda curious how/if this can enchance boss battles.

Watching enemies wriggle around on the floor after you cut off thier hands and legs off will be fun about 20 minutes.

I just don't see Rising capturing the wonder of the previous MGS games. We'll see, but it being delayed and not really talked about makes me wonder.

to be fair, Dead Space 1 was mostly DOOM 3 style scares anyway...

True. Just a bunch of closet monsters.

Anyway, play Fez. Don't be so touchy.

Can't play Fez, Phil Fishy cunt decided in his excellency that Fez wouldn't get a PC release.

I just don't see Rising capturing the wonder of the previous MGS games. We'll see, but it being delayed and not really talked about makes me wonder.

Actually they did talk it about it once, did you ever see this documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kpn7egknCI

Guest chunky

mgs bloke is supposed to be working on a war game with huge sized maps

dunno what it is exactly

if it's mgs 5 i hope he concentrates on the game and maps more and integrates teh story and game like in half life 1, basically dont bother with too much story or cut scenes, have more parts like where you have to help the rebels in mgs4 and keep it optional how you want to behave

Props to far cry for immediatly starting off with full front nudity, first-person sex.

Guest chunky

hehe, none of that is shocking any more since hot coffee gta mod

whats left that has the power to shock? nothing much

Ive never played a Rayman game before, but that music synced platform level was pretty awesome imo

Archived