IGNORED

E3 2012

Npoess

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

The only thing I'm looking forward to is more details about The Last Guardian.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Nintendo finally sees the writing on the wall and gets their act together - then again, they might be too late to the party.

Microsoft: I expect nothing exciting from them - basically a rehash of their very disappointing conference from E3 last year, with the same relentless focus on Kinect (didn't they get the memo that motion gaming has been beaten to death by Nintendo?), and their already underpowered hardware looking even more pathetic. I will be SHOCKED if they even hint at next gen hardware.

Sony: They're starting to lose the plot as well - I expect a Vita price cut (not as drastic as the 3DS - I'm guessing 199.00 to bring it in line with iPod Touch, which is what they're trying to compete with), and would be surprised if they drop the PS3's price to less than 300.00 (although it would be a smart move on their part a this time considering they're starting to gain the upper hand finally against Microsoft). There's really nothing I'm excited about software-wise, (would like to see those Killzone games they're rumouring about recently) but who knows if they have any surprises up their sleeve. Like Microsoft, I will be shocked if they even hint at next gen hardware.

I'm also in total agreement about the current hardware showing it's age (and unlike previous generations, being able to push it so 1080P/60fps is possible on most games). People are expecting better experiences, and the next generation of hardware cannot do anything less than 1080P/60fps since iPads now can easily do that (at least the iPad 3 can). Console gaming needs to take a PC-centric approach to visuals and features if they expect the hardcore gamers to stick with consoles versus computers for gaming.

haha, that's more fun than I expected from E3 this year.

Just watched the Pre e3 vid from Nintendo, their Wii U software is based on social networking? Oh boy, at least this "Miiverse" looks to be open platform, as In using your pc or mobile device to communicate thru Nintendo's network. I really hope they dont try to start their own Facebook. Looks to do some similar augmented reality like the 3DS as well.

Guest zaphod

[media=]

[/media]

ten seconds in i expected to hear bono singing "i can't believe the news today". how embarrassing.

Going to watch the xbox media briefing now, prepared to get blown away.

I'm probably the only one on this site who cares about the Halo franchise. But Halo 4 looked quite cool I have to say. Alot better than I expected.

Archived