IGNORED

E3 2012

Npoess

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it possible that everybody here is just outgrowing most video games ?

no, not me. there are lots of cool "modern" games out there trigger that same MUST PLAY urge in me that I used to get as a little kid with classic games. Tribes: Ascend is a prime example.

I'm not down with people who stick fanatically to just classic/retro games and whinge nonstop about the current state of gaming. do you want it to be a universal storytelling medium open to everyone, or do you just want it to be a closed realm restricted to nerds?

edit: having said that however, there are clearly some, shall we say, incorrect priorities major studios have these days in terms of game design

no i'm not a hater. but i don't feel the same way that i did when i first played quake

i guess i just have to download more new games and see if any thing will tickle my fancy

to be fair, Quake was a massive leap for games, because of the fully polygonised world / enemies. Quake was the first game to have that.

There hasn't been such a huge leap in gaming since the release of Half-Life 2, which had the massive leap quality of lifelike physics.

So nothing on The Last Guardian. I guess it wont be released this year.

The Last of Us looked good. If the AI is really that dynamic and the combat isn't straight up shooting because of the limited resources it could be good. I got very tired of the shooting in Uncharted after a while.

is it possible that everybody here is just outgrowing most video games ?

no, not me. there are lots of cool "modern" games out there trigger that same MUST PLAY urge in me that I used to get as a little kid with classic games. Tribes: Ascend is a prime example.

I'm not down with people who stick fanatically to just classic/retro games and whinge nonstop about the current state of gaming. do you want it to be a universal storytelling medium open to everyone, or do you just want it to be a closed realm restricted to nerds?

edit: having said that however, there are clearly some, shall we say, incorrect priorities major studios have these days in terms of game design

no i'm not a hater. but i don't feel the same way that i did when i first played quake

i guess i just have to download more new games and see if any thing will tickle my fancy

sorry, wasn't putting you down specifically. I get where you're coming from, the classics will always be the classics and it's hard to top them. maybe you really have outgrown games, and that's fine. in fact, it probably gives you more time to do more stuff.

if you're an oldschool Quake fan though, you could really dig Tribes: Ascend. give it a crack.

hey thanks. i'm going to try not to be too opinionated in this thread.. i'll check out the new tribes game, i played the 1st one way back and it was a trip

These were my fav games in order of how bad I want to get drunk and play:

1 - Watch Dogs

2 - The Last of Us

3 - God of War

4 - AC3

5 - Far Cry 3

6 - Beyond

7 - Rayman Wii U

truly surreal

[media=]

[/media]

a good summation of where we are as a civilization

it is for children right? if i close my eyes, it does kind of take me back to the 80s, at my grans house, my sister on the casio sk-1

come on though, the 80s was more shit

(i'm just thinking if i was an adult in the 80s and thought about where we were as a civilisation... i might have felt even more glum about it)

Guest CraniumXII

truly surreal

[media=]

[/media]

a good summation of where we are as a civilization

I can't even believe that they're even trying to sell this crap... Miyamoto's really gone off the deep end.

Watch Dogs looks really promising... I will remain skeptical however... It's reminding me of the demo of TES: Oblivion, where everything was scripted for E3, then the game was nothing like... Looks amazing though. Could be a real winner... it's just almost too good to be true.

Both Watch Dogs and The Last Of Us look awesome but scripted to the max. Don't get excited by anything on E3, ever

I don't understand why people bitch over demos at the E3 for being too scripted. It's supposed to be a presentation of a company's new product and they want to make a great first impression so of course they'll have some scripted scenarios.

Both Watch Dogs and The Last Of Us look awesome but scripted to the max. Don't get excited by anything on E3, ever

I don't understand why people bitch over demos at the E3 for being too scripted. It's supposed to be a presentation of a company's new product and they want to make a great first impression so of course they'll have some scripted scenarios.

probably because the games demoed at E3 invariably end up being less than what they were

probably because the games demoed at E3 invariably end up being less than what they were

You should have learned this many years ago.

I'm not bitching about it. I'm not saying they shouldn't make their demos so scripted, I'm just saying if you need to make it scripted to make a good first impression, then the game is probably going to bad

You should have learned this many years ago.

I did, that's why I don't really pay attention to E3. :cisfor:

I would like a new indie game that's a platformer that is retro graphics and music, but with bullet time or something.

Groundbreaking!

I would like a new indie game that's a platformer that is retro graphics and music, but with bullet time or something.

Groundbreaking!

Duke Payne: Max Nukem 5D

Archived