IGNORED

E3 2012

Npoess

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey WATMM, thanks for bringing up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

I liked the demo a bit, but was it actually a good game?

At this point in my old life, I've given up on the dream of playing a game as deep and fun as Symphony of the Night, so I'll settle for less.

The castlevania games for the DS are pretty awesome, if you liked symphony of the night.

its funny to hear you guys argue about dead space being not similar to gears of war or whatever, because the games have such an equally bland and boring non-aesthetic that i confuse all of them together all of the time

I watched last night's presentation this morning, and God the 3DS graphics are fuckin shite!!

What game specifically? All of them? the new Paper Mario game didn't look that bad...

The Castlevania game. Looked like Castlevania 64.

(sorry, been away from internets, late reply)

I watched last night's presentation this morning, and God the 3DS graphics are fuckin shite!!

What game specifically? All of them? the new Paper Mario game didn't look that bad...

The Castlevania game. Looked like Castlevania 64.

(sorry, been away from internets, late reply)

I thought that was the target they were shooting for with the 3DS (Nintendo 64-quality graphics)...

He did -

pict-788.jpg

Haven't really thought that much of anything else he's done though ...

EDIT: Oh actually I liked Theme Park, Magic Carpet + Dungeon Keeper. Nothing post '97 then !

The Wii U is looking worse and worse - now Nintendo says Pikmin 3 won't have online multiplayer because it is too complex, even though there are hundreds of other games more complex that seem to have no issues pulling this kind of game off online...

I swear, between still using Friend Codes (although they said they'll be "easier" this time), moderating player to player chat, and now this - I give the Wii U about 6-8 good months before it's forgotten once Microsoft and Sony officially announce their hardware.

Sad to think Skyward Sword might be the last console Zelda game... there's no way they'll get a Zelda game out within the first year of the Wii U's lifecycle...

Guest CraniumXII

Nintendo is full of fantastic fails! I had moderate expectations and they still managed to disappoint me.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Wii U? Looks more like Wii Poo. Anyway you console kids starting to realize that it's time to abandon consoles and get a PC yet?

Or just spend 200 bucks on a power supply and graphics card and be able to have a much better gaming experience than consoles AND be able to play all the great free to play PC games out and coming soon.

Guest chunky

resident evil 6 has 600 people working on it, that's ridiculous

yes homebrew seems to be the future

people coming home from work and making games with people they know from forums

nebody good at graphics want to make gameboy games with me hehe

resident evil 6 has 600 people working on it, that's ridiculous

yes homebrew seems to be the future

people coming home from work and making games with people they know from forums

nebody good at graphics want to make gameboy games with me hehe

If you're serious, I might know someone that might be interested.

Guest chunky

semi-serious, just for fun, im making stuff just to mess about, small games

im crap at drawing though

would need someone to draw (as bmp)

backgrounds

8x8, 16x16, 32x32 sprites

4 shade palette

black, gray, other gray, and white

slow paced hobby kind of thing............

games i like: alleyway, tetris, zelda, kaeru no tame ni kane wa naru, basically gameboy rpgs and simple puzzle games, maybe i will try to make a little platform type of game too

puzzle games are easy to draw. gameboy rpgs are more awkward, i cant draw the top down perspective very well and i tend to just draw over the top of sprites from official games

Wii U? Looks more like Wii Poo. Anyway you console kids starting to realize that it's time to abandon consoles and get a PC yet?

Or just spend 200 bucks on a power supply and graphics card and be able to have a much better gaming experience than consoles AND be able to play all the great free to play PC games out and coming soon.

nah im good thx

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Rhetorical question

but, anywho, my hungover brain has been listening to your Soundcloud Sir Smettingham, good stuff.

Rhetorical question

but, anywho, my hungover brain has been listening to your Soundcloud Sir Smettingham, good stuff.

haha, sorry...I couldn't help but try to see if I could troll out another PC vs. everything else argument.

And thank you! I have been hearing really positive feedback on my stuff lately, it keeps me going on something I may not have followed up on had my life gone differently. So cheers! :music::beer:

I don't understand the appeal to the masses comment. I thought the series was doing well strictly as a horror experience. It doesn't really bother me, curious to see how the co-op pans out.

I don't understand the appeal to the masses comment. I thought the series was doing well strictly as a horror experience. It doesn't really bother me, curious to see how the co-op pans out.

So did I. And that's the point. If the game already has mass appeal, why make such a comment?

The only reason for stating such is if the game was being diluted.

Archived