IGNORED

E3 2012

Npoess

I think with these press conferences they are showing which direction they are heading. And that is for the more casual ordinance. And most focus seem to be home entertainment stuff, which is really cool (if you live the US). But that's not the reason I buy a gaming console.

And exclusive titles Microsoft seems to have left is Gears of War and Halo. I like Halo, but i couldn't care less about Gears Of War. GoW3 is one of worst games I've played.

Guess I'm just being a bit overdramatic. I'm just saying that I'm considering Xbox. The Xbox 360 has probably been my favorite console ever. But at the moment Sony just seems to have a lot more good exclusive upcoming titles. Who knows... That might change for the generation.

Ah, I understand now - yes, I agree they are showing what direction they are heading in [for the year], but I'm not sure if it's long-term into the next cycle of consoles. I think Microsoft is really pushing the xbox to be a set top box first, game console second because they realize they don't need a high-powered device to do those things, and hope more people will buy it as a TiVO/DVR/HTPC replacement than a game console.

Sony has always had them beat on exclusives, with the few exceptions where Microsoft stepped in with the loads of cash. I think Microsoft's main goal is to make the xbox division profitable at whatever cost, even it it means taking the focus off gaming, it's core element.

Sony, despite being the multimedia powerhouse, has really focused on gaming as the core function of the PS3, despite it's success as a Blu-Ray player. I think that's why Sony's caught up with Microsoft so quickly in recent years.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that xbox thing was a load of qit. Also, smart glass, wtf. They really have some losers working in their 'office of name our shit'. The audience except for the 18 mircosoft staffers, didn't spontaneously applaud anything, most of the time i think that they were wondering why they were even there. And then near the end in what they were probably hoping would be the angel wings to the crescendo of excitement, the event organizers had the great idea of bringing out usher for some super long dance and sing routine. I really lold when the crowd just sat cold after it finished, until the microsoft guy forced some people into a belated episode of half arsed clapping. hahah.

Gametrailers interviewing trey and matt southpark. But i'm going to bed, not staying up for EA. Will recap when i get home from work t/morrow.

oh man, terrible media briefing. so much stuff that just fell flat. No good games for the 360 this year it seems? bleurgh.

I kinda feel bad for BF3 fans. 50 bucks and you get early access to 3 expansions that you later have to pay for. What a revolutionary way to fuck fans in the ass.

Guest zaphod

I kinda feel bad for BF3 fans. 50 bucks and you get early access to 3 expansions that you later have to pay for. What a revolutionary way to fuck fans in the ass.

welcome to this decade's model for gaming.

This is pretty cool. Medal of Honor Warfighter is this FPS where you can use a sniper rifle to kill people, crouch behind objects, go in and out of buildings, and call in air strikes. Interesting.... I never thought I'd see the day where technology could do this.

Day 1 purchase over here.

im so fucking sick of modern warfare type fps shooters. when are we going back to ww2 games damnit?

Ironic, considering everyone was complaining about being stuck in WWII in shooters...

I think they need to take the shooter concept and come up with a new angle or theme to make it unique like Dan said - but Borderlands 2 is just some Mad Max/Road Warrior-esque variation, right?

I think this is shaping up to be one of the most boring E3s ever - hopefully Sony and Nintendo can liven things up, but I think Nintendo already shot their wad with that pre-conference YouTube video, so any other announcements are going to pale in comparison. Hopefully I'm wrong.

metal gears solid set in WWI & WWII

please

There was talk of that a little while ago. The story of The Boss in the World Wars that is. I think it would be quite awesome as well.

Metal Gear Rising looks like it's going waaaayy too far out there. But I will probably end up buying it anyways.

I've only watched EA's Press Conference (haven't been home) so I've only read up on Microsoft's press conference, but nothing I've seen so far has caught my attention. I don't know if it's me or the games coming out but I've had a hard time playing games lately. Skyrim got me bored rather quickly. I tried forcing myself into liking it but that didn't help. I did put around 50 hours (I think) into it though - insane. Haven't played more than 2 hours of Max Payne 3 either and I was fucking excited about that game, but... meh... dunno. Will probably get around to playing it sooner or later. The best game so far this year has been Fez. Downloadable games ftw.

Archived