IGNORED

The Killers - Battleborn

Joyrex

OMG did you guys here about K-stew cheating on poor Robert? OMG. HE IS MINE.

Ohh look, new Killers!

:listens on flower shaped earbuds:

This band is awful.

Based off listening to one song?

No, I've heard others as far back as their debut. I can't stand their sound.

Ah well, to each their own

I was a big fan of Hot Fuss when it came out, still am I suppose. 2nd album was ok, interesting.

Then they got shit, all the song sort of bottle-necked into 1 song that sounds the same as the last.

Video is shite, and so is the song.

debut was OK, but everything after, when the singer started doing the dramatic vibrato and convinced the band that they can do stuff outside of simple sunny dance'y pop songs is just pure garbage. i literally can't stand them. i'm surprised i can't escape them even here, my hiding place from really awful music.

I heard this on the radio at work.

I didn't think they were still a relevant band, at all. Not saying the song is good or bad, it's just generic radio music. Really forgettable. Hot Fuss was pretty good when it came out before it got stomped into the ground by people ±5 of my age for the next 7 years.

At least it isn't that fucking song by "FUN" or whatever.

What's the appeal?

Sounds like Eddie Money or something. heheh

That's why I like it. It's got that cheese sauce.

But wtf Joyrex -- are you getting paid to post these latest announcements? It's like Perez Hilton meets Redruth up in here! ;)

What's the appeal?

Sounds like Eddie Money or something. heheh

That's why I like it. It's got that cheese sauce.

But wtf Joyrex -- are you getting paid to post these latest announcements? It's like Perez Hilton meets Redruth up in here! ;)

No, I genuinely like The Killer's music - I had been waiting for a follow up to 2009's "Day and Age", and wasn't impressed with Brandon Flower's solo effort (blergh), so I decided to check up on what they were up to, and lo and behold, a new album and single.

I think the single is OK, but doesn't capture the sound of tracks like When You Were Young, Human, Mr. Brightside, Spaceman, Smile Like You Mean It, or other notables from their discography.

Cover art is too good for them. They did use to have bite, he sang like he really meant it, it was endearing. I do still like Mr Brightside and some other tracks, even though radio has tried its best to ruin it, but when I listen to Hot Fuzz it is fresh to me, it is its own thing.

Runaways is alarmingly by the numbers for them. It's puzzling why they would continue with the same bland saccharine banality that is literally the exact same thing they've done dozens of times before.

Cover art is too good for them. They did use to have bite, he sang like he really meant it, it was endearing. I do still like Mr Brightside and some other tracks, even though radio has tried its best to ruin it, but when I listen to Hot Fuzz it is fresh to me, it is its own thing.

Runaways is alarmingly by the numbers for them. It's puzzling why they would continue with the same bland saccharine banality that is literally the exact same thing they've done dozens of times before.

Because it sells records? :cisfor:

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Hot Fuss was alright, everything they've done after that is fucking horrible.

This song is super fucking lame btw.

I approached this with an open mind but it sounds like The Killers imitating Bon Jovi, and with that my friends there is only one conclusion. Epicly bad.

Still like the first album though, well half of it. I think this band promised so much but has delivered so little.

Guest Alfred E. Neuman

Joyrex, sorry, but this shit sounds like Chris de Burgh....

Note: I love Chris de Burgh

Double note: The Killers is like the worst EZ-rock-act-single-CD-in-a-mom's-minivan-soundsystem-derivative-sheeeet-you-should-be-ashamedofyourselfkthxbye

Archived