IGNORED

iPhone 5

J3FF3R00

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

their logo is also a thinly disguised bum hole.

lol!

Also, interesting to see apple going with the LONGER design as seen in most decent Android phones of the last couple of years. When I first got my galaxy nexus way back in the mists of february, I was kind of shocked by how long and slabby it was. But after using it I came around to the idea of a LONG phone and it seems that's what people want these days.

Headphone jack in the bottom makes sense to me too. That's also on the nexus and it's what I like.

plus it's launching with ios6. so the 6th iPhone with ios6 is the iPhone 5. ok.

they should just call it the iPhone like the MacBooks and iMacs, etc.

in addition to this one being larger, they moved the headphone jack to the bottom which is strange. they are also changing the dock connection. all new cables, yay!

plus it's launching with ios6. so the 6th iPhone with ios6 is the iPhone 5. ok.

they should just call it the iPhone like the MacBooks and iMacs, etc.

in addition to this one being larger, they moved the headphone jack to the bottom which is strange. they are also changing the dock connection. all new cables, yay!

Yeah, right?

I personally don't like the idea of the headphone jack on the bottom, but I can get used to it.

Like the latest iPad, I have a feeling they will finally drop the numbering moniker and just call it "The New iPhone". They never did numbering with the Nano or the iPod Touch...

Putting the headphone jack at the bottom is pretty smart - considering the speakers are on the bottom (hopefully still), you'd want to put this in your pocket upside down (aka top in) since you'd hear an incoming call easier, and the ports on the bottom would be less likely to get clogged with pocket lint (I got a wad of lint jammed in the headphone jack once and it was a pita to get out).

So peoples old iPhones are dying on them and now they want another iPhone? o.O

Doesn't that make yall question the reliability of the phones you are buying?

I guess it was just one person.

"my 3GS is also on its last legs "

The 3GS came out in what, 2007? 5 years is pretty good for any mobile device these days.

So peoples old iPhones are dying on them and now they want another iPhone? o.O

Doesn't that make yall question the reliability of the phones you are buying?

to clarify, my phone is 3.5 years old. every other phone i've ever had was for 1 year. so yea, this is the best phone i've ever had.

:cisfor:

Oh yeah, the new connector is a fucking joke... Why can't they just use micro USB-like everyone else?

micro-USB, while very nice for standardization, can't do some of the things the Apple dock connector cam do - analog signals for example.

Oh yeah, the new connector is a fucking joke... Why can't they just use micro USB-like everyone else?

micro-USB, while very nice for standardization, can't do some of the things the Apple dock connector cam do - analog signals for example.

But why does it need to do analog signal? How does the iPhone take advantage of that fancy connector? Micro-USB charges and transfers data, what more do you need?

But why does it need to do analog signal?

certainly has it's uses for music apps, not that i use my iphone for music making lol... but if i did the ability to get an analog out would be invaluable

analog vs digital wankery in 2012...

I seriously doubt you could tell the difference of analog vs digital output of an iPhone considering it would be a digital synth you're manipulating....

You're listening to MP3s....

Who cares if it's fucking analog?

/me loads up wavs and hooks up a headphone amplifier to his iPhone, cause I need AUDIOPHILE LISTENING EXPERIENCE 24/7

Seriously, who the fuck loads .wavs to a mobile phone for listening pleasure?

But why does it need to do analog signal? How does the iPhone take advantage of that fancy connector? Micro-USB charges and transfers data, what more do you need?

Playing music through a dock and charging at the same time? component video?

Serial in and out provide information to accessories such as car audio setups allowing for navigation between tracks using steering wheel controls for example.

I dunno, if your panties are that bunched up about it, don't buy it?

There are advantages to both I'd say. But for Apple it's easier just to provide a micro USB adapter for EU compliance.

You're listening to MP3s....

Who cares if it's fucking analog?

/me loads up wavs and hooks up a headphone amplifier to his iPhone, cause I need AUDIOPHILE LISTENING EXPERIENCE 24/7

Seriously, who the fuck loads .wavs to a mobile phone for listening pleasure?

This isn't an audio quality argument. It's easier to have an analog output in a dock connector than stream it digitally and have to build a D/A converter into every speaker dock, right?

can i upgrade my opamp in my iphone 5 to audiophile-sexy-time mode? what if i h4xx0r the bios to actually have it play flac instead of alac since i think apple is the devil incarnate? guys? ....guys?

I want to put socks on my hands with eagle nests on them so I can eat peas.

my father saved the portions he did not consume in the freezer for me. i melt the chunks of it between my buttocks cheeks when i'm feeling lonely and it soothes me

http://itunes.apple....d544007664?mt=8

good news everyone. google released a new + free YOUTUBE app for iphone (no ipad yet).

i'm happy with this^-^ easy access to all my subscriptions and recommended videos on train. can't believe it took them this long.

That's because YouTube is no longer included in iOS (as of the upcoming version 6) by default, same with the Maps application - Apple's washing their hands of their Google partnership and going solo with their own (so far looking superior) mapping application. I'm sure yanking YT (or Apple saying GTFO to YT) was fallout from that.

Archived