IGNORED

Smiths reunion

J3FF3R00

Guest igloos unlmtd

When I was about 13 years old I went into a record store in the mall & promptly asked for the new Unleashed album on cassette. I was really hyped up about it - the album before was good & the new one looked even better.

The clerk looked at me & looked at the cassette tape. He said what do you want with this? Its evil music... He quickly showed me The Smiths section & I picked up 'Meat is Murder' & laughed my ass off. 'Oh you want me to buy some sissy vegetarian music? - no man, give me the Unleashed'.

A few years later, I weaseled my way into an Unleashed show - hanging back stage with some of the bands. It was funny how keen these guys were to have a bright eyed 16 year old music lover hanging about... The food delivery man arrives & asks who ordered the vegetarian salad. I look up & this massive man nearly 7ft tall around 250lbs barks out in a swedish accent - 'That's mine'. I think fuck me, Johnny, the singer from Unleashed is vegetarian?!

never could stand his whining fucking voice. sorry. i know some revere The Smiths, and by proxy, that miserable whiner Morrissey, but i can't stand his voice, his face, or his bullshit vegan antics.

WATMM.

Amen.

You guys were probably jocks in high school. That's why.

lol jk :cat:

lol. Don't get me wrong I can see why there is a fuss about The Smiths, I sing like crazy along to Panic at the Disco, I see the genius of There is a Light......, and I think How Soon is Now is a solid gold classic. But because Smiths fans generally border on some sort of cult and worship Morrissey? I just can't put up with that. Thanks but no thanks.

you should probably stop listening to Boards of Canada, then...

never could stand his whining fucking voice. sorry. i know some revere The Smiths, and by proxy, that miserable whiner Morrissey, but i can't stand his voice, his face, or his bullshit vegan antics.

WATMM.

Amen.

lol. Don't get me wrong I can see why there is a fuss about The Smiths, I sing like crazy along to Panic at the Disco, I see the genius of There is a Light......, and I think How Soon is Now is a solid gold classic. But because Smiths fans generally border on some sort of cult and worship Morrissey? I just can't put up with that. Thanks but no thanks.

you should probably stop listening to Boards of Canada, then...

Sometimes I wish I could. Resistance, it seems is futile.

I sing like crazy along to Panic at the Disco

lol

But because Smiths fans generally border on some sort of cult and worship Morrissey?

some of us worship johnny.

and for me it really wouldn't be an authentic reunion without andy rourke and mike joyce. tight motherfuckers they were.

WATMM.

Amen.

You are so metal :diablo:

lol

I'm not gonna tell him.

WATMM.

Amen.

You are so metal :diablo:

lol

I'm not gonna tell him.

Ahhh maybe I got this wrong. Without checking I can't say....you know the song though. Is it called Hang the DJ?

I wonder to myself lol

I for one would love a reunion. There's so much quality from the Smiths that can't go unnoticed. A few of my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8b3UkqTQNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRY4sGayLZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sQPZ9dD9v8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z68V77LzcOQ

And obviously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzexP58si0w

Archived