IGNORED

oi moderators!

keltoi

just a wee heads up...

the films watched, artwork and recent pics threads could do with a re-start eh no? been taking forever to load lately. or just me?

s'pose i could have PMed you.

cheeeeeeeerz.

I think it's the server side that has the increased load with long topics rather than a client. I imagine it grabs the topic from the database then has to processes every post in the topic before it loads the page and then formats it so it splits into the various pages divided according to what post-per-page setting each user has it set to.

i made a few changes to the server config, the site feels a bit speedier now...

unfortunately those large topics are still going to be a problem, looking at the sql queries, there's really no good way to speed them up other than splitting the topics.

Guest Ron Manager
i wish a better control of youtube videos in threads... that makes my pc slow as fuck

yeah same... those threads where someone says 'post hip hop videos' or something are killer, I just have to click back because they contain like 50 embedded videos...

i wish a better control of youtube videos in threads... that makes my pc slow as fuck

yeah same... those threads where someone says 'post hip hop videos' or something are killer, I just have to click back because they contain like 50 embedded videos...

FlashBlock, does that help?

hmm, same thing for the interviews thread, I guess. people could start embedding vids in spoilers but that's a pain. get better computar?

Putting the video in a spoiler won't prevent the call to load the video, same thing for images in spoilers.

This is like when people complain that the government should step in and ban violence in video games because it's damaging their children, instead of just taking responsibility for their own shit and installing flashblock or not clicking on video threads.

sir-frank-is-holding-a-gun-hahaha-cagayan-de-oro-philippines+1152_13011176367-tpfil02aw-7818.jpg

Guest Coalbucket PI

I had flashblock before but it gets annoying because you have no idea what you are missing and end up just loading it anyway

With flashblock, can you still see the video on youtube like you'd normally would?

are you serious?

If that piece of software was anywhere near well-designed it would at least inform you on what content got blocked. And maybe let you view it anyway, or direct you to the youtube page.

With flashblock, can you still see the video on youtube like you'd normally would?

are you serious?

If that piece of software was anywhere near well-designed it would at least inform you on what content got blocked. And maybe let you view it anyway, or direct you to the youtube page.

it does 'let you view it anyway', it just doesn't tell you what the youtube video is.

if it did, it would defeat the purpose of blocking flash.

what you're asking for is some kind of fucked up watmm-flash paradox.

Archived