IGNORED

Holy Other - Held

beerwolf

^Holy Other and his peers make tracks I really enjoy, and the better ones never make anything bad, but it's a bit hit or miss for me. The R&B-esqe formula gets a bit tiring and I can't quite relate to it either.

This is a great remix, the blog description hits on how I heard it - "The gorgeous heart is still there, just a shade or five blacker." - I love when remixes take the core of a song, including the overall vibe, but make it sound different nonetheless

• 9 months later...

for some reason I keep coming back and listening to holy other, it isn't really complicated music, but it is really nice and relaxing downtempo stuff, I really enjoy it

-and it does make good sexytime music, slow jams for the abstract electronic elitist

Guest Kubazz

I have seen him live on saturday, it was truly awesome - i have not heard of him before (random person on festival recommended checking it out), but i'm really a fan now.

though I wish I could appreciate Holy Other and similar artists... but their music... itreally doesn't touch me...I might be getting old!!!!!!!11 :(

^Holy Other and his peers make tracks I really enjoy, and the better ones never make anything bad, but it's a bit hit or miss for me. The R&B-esqe formula gets a bit tiring and I can't quite relate to it either.

This is a great remix, the blog description hits on how I heard it - "The gorgeous heart is still there, just a shade or five blacker." - I love when remixes take the core of a song, including the overall vibe, but make it sound different nonetheless

Just rollerbladed in here just to check out the Tim Hecker remix (nice)... but yeah, I've given both the holy other album and some tri angle sampler multiple listens and can't get into it at all (though no mights about it, I am getting old!) TBH too much of it sounds like knockoff burialware, and I'm ambivalent enough about burial to begin with.

I enjoy Holy Other, it does indeed make good sexytime music... He's not the best on Tri Angle though. I'd probably give that credit to Balam Acab

some tracks don't click as much as others purely because of the odd arrangements and rhythms he sometimes uses which seem incongruous with the other elements of the tracks, but the bass and the dark sexy mood are right up my alley. Inpouring is a perfect little track.

i really enjoy the oddity he injects into the music, i'm sure i wouldn't be nearly as intrigued by it otherwise. it's short, but it's damned good. i need to pick up his first release.

also, the cd version sounds so nice and clean. i only mention this because it was quite a noticeable difference to my ears between listening to a digital rip for a while before getting the physical album.

Archived