IGNORED

IDM lacks marketability

chassis

Guest dunharvestskreech

as long as there are more scion commercials, IDM will be safe.

my mom owns an xB. represent...

thanks for doing your part in keeping the music alive bro! WHOOP!

it's true that some maladjusted/mentally unhealthy people are more likely to be drawn to weird, experimental music on account of being alienated from everyone else and the more popular music they listen to.

oh yeah...them...don't you just hate them...those ambigous bastards keepin' us all down...#paranoidschizophrenic

it's true that some maladjusted/mentally unhealthy people are more likely to be drawn to weird, experimental music on account of being alienated from everyone else and the more popular music they listen to.

oh yeah...them...don't you just hate them...those ambigous bastards keepin' us all down...#paranoidschizophrenic

lol

yeah don't forget the music bumps they use on Adult Swim and NPR, they keep BOC in business.

there's a bar near here that has one of those newfangled internet jukebox things. on my friend's newfangled smart phone thing he has one of those app things that lets you remotely (and more importantly, anonymously) cue up songs on the internet jukebox directly from your phone. the phone has all the selection that the jukebox has and you can download more tracks from the internet to the jukebox for an additional fee.

well let me tell you, we were looking through this phone app thing, and lo and behold one of the song choices on the jukebox was Ventolin by Aphex Twin. i literally begged my friend for about an hour (and have several times since then) to cue up ventolin 10 times in a row and we just sit there and have a beer and watch how the crowd reacts.

1st time - wtf is this

2nd time - wait a minute did the song start over

4th time - ok seriously what the fuck is going on, this is pissing me off

6th time - staff tries to dismantle the jukebox and figure out what's wrong

all the while, nobody would have ANY idea it was us selecting the tunes, except maybe my hysterical fits of laughter giving it away.

well the sad thing is that my friend is a huge pussy and doesn't want to "ruin the vibes in his local" and refuses to do this. i even offered to pay him more than the cost of the jukebox credits just to have this epic tale to tell, and possibly record a brilliant youtube video in the process. i don't have a phone that knows what an app is so i can't get away with doing this anonymously (i'd have to walk up to the jukebox and select the song, thus possibly drawing the ire of an entire pub upon my person).

i didn't want to make a new thread for this story.

as there is no scion in europe, i just googled some scion tv ads to see how 'idm' they are.

this is what i got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfhvCagUE-o

there's a bar near here that has one of those newfangled internet jukebox things. on my friend's newfangled smart phone thing he has one of those app things that lets you remotely (and more importantly, anonymously) cue up songs on the internet jukebox directly from your phone. the phone has all the selection that the jukebox has and you can download more tracks from the internet to the jukebox for an additional fee.

well let me tell you, we were looking through this phone app thing, and lo and behold one of the song choices on the jukebox was Ventolin by Aphex Twin. i literally begged my friend for about an hour (and have several times since then) to cue up ventolin 10 times in a row and we just sit there and have a beer and watch how the crowd reacts.

1st time - wtf is this

2nd time - wait a minute did the song start over

4th time - ok seriously what the fuck is going on, this is pissing me off

6th time - staff tries to dismantle the jukebox and figure out what's wrong

all the while, nobody would have ANY idea it was us selecting the tunes, except maybe my hysterical fits of laughter giving it away.

well the sad thing is that my friend is a huge pussy and doesn't want to "ruin the vibes in his local" and refuses to do this. i even offered to pay him more than the cost of the jukebox credits just to have this epic tale to tell, and possibly record a brilliant youtube video in the process. i don't have a phone that knows what an app is so i can't get away with doing this anonymously (i'd have to walk up to the jukebox and select the song, thus possibly drawing the ire of an entire pub upon my person).

i didn't want to make a new thread for this story.

HEROIC

Archived