IGNORED

Favorite movies about animals? (DOG movies, CAT movies etc)

vamos scorcho

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any movie with monkeys/apes in it gets a high five from me.

Even Congo? Congo was terrible and you should be ashamed.

Edit:

RIP All-Ball.

I used to have a documentary about koko and her kittens when I was really little. Probably turned me into the big sad sack I am today.

Nobody mentioned when I was little that koko apparently sexually harassed her female handlers and had a thing for nipples.

Gorillas are complex, man. Gorillas, man. Gorillas.

Tim Curry gets his face smashed in by an ape. How is that not cool? But yeah, I know what you mean.

Tim Curry gets his face smashed in by an ape. How is that not cool? But yeah, I know what you mean.

Actually, good point.

This was a French-Canadian film (La guerre des tuques) I saw when I was a kid. It's all over-dubbed in English.

the-dog-who-stopped-the-war-movie-poster-1020362502.jpg

oh shit, this was a movie?! I have very old and vague memories of this being played on TV

"La Guerre des Tuques" :duckhunt:

Vdsjh.jpg

Damn, he belongs in the bad taxidermy thread

I can't find an English language trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duRmN7gU1yA

Even The Barefoot Executive with Kurt Russell (of Escape From New York)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XneZ4N7N_Ek

I watched about 20 minutes of this movie and i wanted to rip my face off, the only good thing about this movie is i thought Kurt Russell was Van Kilmer and got me excited to watch Road House again.

has anyone read the stories about how Koko the gorilla was allowed to sexually harass the people who were part of taking care of her? When i say 'allowed' i mean that the main person ( i forgot her name) who took care of Koko would intimidate her employees into flashing their breasts at Koko when koko asked to 'see nipple' something Koko often did, Koko has been documented as doing this in a live AOL chat where she started talking about female breasts and how she wanted to touch them

has anyone read the stories about how Koko the gorilla was allowed to sexually harass the people who were part of taking care of her? When i say 'allowed' i mean that the main person ( i forgot her name) who took care of Koko would intimidate her employees into flashing their breasts at Koko when koko asked to 'see nipple' something Koko often did, Koko has been documented as doing this in a live AOL chat where she started talking about female breasts and how she wanted to touch them

ooh, chimpanzee that, monkey news.

Fuck, I forget Jungle Book! I vaguely remember seeing that in the theater re-release. I have a cat and a dog now and their relationship is remarkably similar to Bagheera and Baloo's...

jb2-04.jpg

WTF my version of Milo&Otis clearly didn't have that kind of narration. There's not that cheesy music and it's the original Sakamoto soundtrack. Plus it has poems in it, poems! You should check out this version instead of that USA children's version.

Man, the narration totally made that movie unwatchable for me when I was a kid. I'd watch the version you're speaking of, but I can't really forgive them for all of the animals they murdered for the sake of "art".

Was always a Homeward Bound and Babe kind of guy.

The only other movie I can think of that wasn't mentioned is Fluke. It was a tad goofy, but the concepts were kinda cool. Reincarnation and all that.

Haven't seen/heard of The Bear. Guess I gotta watch that.

I just watched the 60's Russian animated Jungle Book, and it was fantastic. Apparently it stayed far more true to the book versus the Disney version. Just make sure you watch it in Russian with English subtitles. The English dub replaced all of the music with really really really corny versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYdBWC2sRx8

There was this really great narrative nature documentary I used to watch all the time as a kid called Animals are Beautiful People. It's by Jamie Uys, the guy that eventually wrote and directed The Gods Must Be Crazy. In fact you'll easily see when you watch it how it lead to the making of The Gods Must Be Crazy. It's really funny too.

Animals_are_Beautiful_People.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071143/

Archived