IGNORED

Depeche Mode - Delta Machine

Redruth

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked SoTU's return to a more 'pure' electronic sound (helps they raided Ebay buying vintage pedals and synths - which begs the question - DM has been around since '79 (first release in 1981)... wouldn't they have a treasure trove of vintage equipment? Did they get rid of it over the years?).

Songs like Fragile Tension and In Sympathy are classic DM. Good to hear they've still got the drive to make music!

the last release was pretty boring. I have no big hopes for the new one

Agreed, it was super obvious that they're well past their prime. I tried to like the last album but it was a snore-fest.

• 8 months later...

Here's an unreleased song, culled from a 2012 studio collage video:

Will be interesting to see what they come up with this time, or if it's finally time to hang up the leather and put away the guyliner...

Also announced is a 2013 world tour to follow the release of the album which kicks off in Europe in May, so the album will probably drop in April like their previous albums have.

Guest texan whip

I was hoping Alan Wilder would make a reappearance (in some capacity), as I think they've never been the same without his production skills, but alas it's a no show from him. Can't really blame him though..I've read rumours that Wilder was constantly frustrated with Andy Fletcher and his lack of ability in the band.

Wilder left not only due to that "rumour", but during the recording sessions for SOFAD, Dave Gahan went though his near-death drug abuse phase, plus the grueling touring schedules, etc. I think he just wanted to be on his own and not have to deal with so many personalities.

Wilder left not only due to that "rumour", but during the recording sessions for SOFAD, Dave Gahan went though his near-death drug abuse phase, plus the grueling touring schedules, etc. I think he just wanted to be on his own and not have to deal with so many personalities.

Didn't he also feel like he was doing most of the work himself as well, at that point? I recall in the documentary for SOFAD that he was constantly working and ended up doing a lot of the mixing as well.

Also agree with the so far general consensus that whilst the last album was an attempt to return to the "pure" electronic sound it failed to produce any memorable songs, except perhaps "Wrong".

Not excited either, but willing to be proven wrong.

Yeah, I think Wilder was their technical guru before Gore took up the helm, and they started having outside help.

SOTU had a few good songs besides Wrong - Fragile Tension and In Sympathy are classics, IMO. The rest was (and is) forgettable.

I've been a DM fan since the 80's, so here's hoping they can recapture the magic. Supposedly the new album is a cross between Violator and SOFAD, which coincidentally are my favourite two DM releases, so here's to hoping!

i'm for hoping, hoping they are able to coax warm, texture filled sounds from their new gear. i want to believe that they can create perhaps even a level of depth in their sounds that they have never achieved before. give me dingy grit, give me perfect inprefections and dark, sweet, subtle details.

im just hoping this album succeeds so redruth can feel his heart melt under possom cushions and lily flowers, while he superscedes himself with hot butter milk and lube

wilder's 'last breath' and 'red river cargo' from unsound methods pull on my heart strings. the'freeze' trac in bloodline is beautiful. oh' and 'electro blues for bukka white' which i mentioned earlier

wilder's 'last breath' and 'red river cargo' from unsound methods pull on my heart strings. the'freeze' trac in bloodline is beautiful. oh' and 'electro blues for bukka white' which i mentioned earlier

Love 'Red River Cargo' and 'Drifting' is another favourite. I also love pretty much everything on "Bloodline". It was after "Unsound Methods" that things went downhill really.

• 2 months later...

tumblr_mh4v4vZqFf1qcoqfio1_500.jpg

New single, "Heaven" to be available tomorrow, February 1st!

Can't say I like the album cover too much, but after SOTU, anything's better! It looked like a bloody Rephlex album cover!

Here's the tracklisting:

STANDARD:
1 - Welcome To My World
2 - Angel
3 - Heaven
4 - Secret To The End
5 - My Little Universe
6 - Slow
7 - Broken
8 - The Child Inside
9 - Soft Touch / Raw Nerve
10 - Should Be Higher
11 - Alone
12 - Soothe My Soul
13 - Goodbye

DELUXE EDITION: (includes hardcover 28-page booklet)

DISC 1
1 - Welcome To My World
2 - Angel
3 - Heaven
4 - Secret To The End
5 - My Little Universe
6 - Slow
7 - Broken
8 - The Child Inside
9 - Soft Touch / Raw Nerve
10 - Should Be Higher
11 - Alone
12 - Soothe My Soul
13 - Goodbye

DISC 2
1 - Long Time Lie
2 - Happens All The Time
3 - Always
4 - All That’s Mine

The tracklisting for the “Heaven” CD single is as follows:

“Heaven” CD SINGLE:
1 - Heaven
2 - All That’s Mine (b side bonus track)

“Heaven” CD MAXI:
1 - Heaven
2 - Heaven (Owlle Remix)
3 - Heaven (steps to heaven rmx)
4 - Heaven (Blawan Remix)
5 - Heaven (Mathew Dear vs Audion Remix)

Last track name is "Goodbye" - is this the final album?

Archived