IGNORED

Emergency ambient recommendations

usagi

hey y'all, I have a couple of hours to put together some long nice-sounding ambient pieces for a wedding mix and would like some suggestions to add to the length

so far I've chucked in a lot of Eno and a tiny bit of 'phex:

Eno - Discreet Music

Eno - Lux 1 & 3

Eno - Music For Airports 1/1 & 2/2

Eno - Thursday Afternoon

Aphex - i

that's the kind of thing I'm after, not too attention-grabbing but not too monotonous either, and happy/sweet-sounding. any help appreciated :flower:

How about Harold Budd/Brian Eno - The Pearl?

Is this a goth wedding or something?

yeah I also thought about that... the pearl is my favorite album of all time and it would be perfect for a victorian/gothic event

Eno & Budd - The Pearl , pretty much a continuation of Ambient 2 but arguably better

edit: Squee beat me to it, but this album is extremely solid, would make great background music but it's melancholy and sort of depressing cry-worthy music. Might not make for the most uplifting wedding soundtrack, but since you already have Ambient 2 on there i would go for it

pretty sure there's a Eccojams version of Eric Clapton's "you look wonderful tonight" and a Basinski drone piece based off the 3 chord from "Here Comes The Bride" skipping in a DJ's CD turntable slowly losing bitrate resolution over an hour from a wedding reception recorded on the day Hurricane Katrina hit.

2717943880_7c945f0312.jpg

Basinski drone piece based off the 3 chord from "Here Comes The Bride" skipping in a DJ's CD turntable slowly losing bitrate resolution over an hour from a wedding reception recorded on the day Hurricane Katrina hit.

haha, did you make this up or is this real?

and a Basinski drone piece based off the 3 chord from "Here Comes The Bride" skipping in a DJ's CD turntable slowly losing bitrate resolution over an hour from a wedding reception recorded on the day Hurricane Katrina hit.

lmao

Basinski drone piece based off the 3 chord from "Here Comes The Bride" skipping in a DJ's CD turntable slowly losing bitrate resolution over an hour from a wedding reception recorded on the day Hurricane Katrina hit.

I don't know anymore :(

srsly though I'm obsessed with Basinski as a muse for stupid jokes, spurred by your unforgiving critical posts for which I am grateful to have read

srsly though I'm obsessed with Basinski as a muse for stupid jokes, spurred by your unforgiving critical posts for which I am grateful to have read

lol

nicely done sir, i seriously believed it for a minute. a hearty lol either way. Can i use this (but credit it to you) ?

Archived