IGNORED

Max/MSP

Adieu

it seems to me that using max for video makes much more sense than using it for audio

1 minute ago, xox said:

it seems to me that using max for video makes much more sense than using it for audio

for real time video manipulation yeah. I started to think of Max/MSP more of an studio instrument rather than something to "play live"—definitely there's a "scientific" approach when creating sounds in Max...

10 hours ago, logakght said:

for real time video manipulation yeah. I started to think of Max/MSP more of an studio instrument rather than something to "play live"—definitely there's a "scientific" approach when creating sounds in Max...

For every manipulation! The thing is that when ever I see something video related someone made with max, some manipulations of something newly generated it looks kinda interesting and that almost never happens with audio, maybe like few pieces here or there but complete tracks or albums, that’s really more like something anecdotal and exception to the rule. Usually what sounds good is what could have been made with a pair of Volcas anyway … to me that just shows how difficult is to make music with Max and how it messes with your mind thinking “well, what will my friends say if i make it Detroit again and now that I’m in here I should approach it scientifically, otherwise I could use a pair of Volcas” and that faqs the musical/emotional/energy part that music, as a form of art, is basically made of 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xox said:

For every manipulation! The thing is that when ever I see something video related someone made with max, some manipulations of something newly generated it looks kinda interesting and that almost never happens with audio, maybe like few pieces here or there but complete tracks or albums, that’s really more like something anecdotal and exception to the rule. Usually what sounds good is what could have been made with a pair of Volcas anyway … to me that just shows how difficult is to make music with Max and how it messes with your mind thinking “well, what will my friends say if i make it Detroit again and now that I’m in here I should approach it scientifically, otherwise I could use a pair of Volcas” and that faqs the musical/emotional/energy part that music, as a form of art, is basically made of 

yo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

the office hours series from cycling74 is interesting chats 

watched the whole thing. was good. club mate and geoffrey landers were my takeaways