IGNORED

show me the most evil piece of music you've been acquainted to

huzur

I don't consider black metal or that satanic ambient evil because they were made by wannabes, the music is not actually evil is just a cartoonish version of what these hacks would consider evil.

I can't think of good examples of true evil music but i would consider those old folk songs by Charles Manson evil because it was made by a truly disturbed person and the music was used to brainwashed his followers (which he used to perform true acts of evil)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2sxBobp14

It doesn't sound like the cartoonish evil music you guys are posting but its aura is more evil than any of those songs.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but those guys aren't actually evil (for the most part, i think burzum killed a person hes probably an evil guy), they just like to dress/act like the cartoon version of what society thinks is evil, they just want to be different and choose a style that would make them look different in the eyes of the general public.

Music that sounds like that or guys that wear make up and change their names to something stupid like Van Count Drakulas doesn't scare me, it doesn't disturbe me, it looks pretty stupid and unauthentic.

you should try New Risen Throne. You will love it.

I will check that out asap.

I don't consider black metal or that satanic ambient evil because they were made by wannabes, the music is not actually evil is just a cartoonish version of what these hacks would consider evil.

I can't think of good examples of true evil music but i would consider those old folk songs by Charles Manson evil because it was made by a truly disturbed person and the music was used to brainwashed his followers (which he used to perform true acts of evil)

It doesn't sound like the cartoonish evil music you guys are posting but its aura is more evil than any of those songs.

Good point. Most music made by truly fucked-up individuals is usually just creepy, sometimes flat-out silly (G.G. Allin, El Duce of the Mentors).

Personally I find good black metal to be what it is intended to be: individualistic and anti-authoritarian. Some BM just don't appeal to me because they are ironically cookie-cutter in sound and style. There's a lot of resentment and dismissal between artists in those scenes, and I find that the better ones have branched out or stuck to their own sound - Darkthrone makes crustpunk and speed metal now, Ulver went from lo-fi black metal to a variety of styles, and in an interview last year Xasthur said he was listening to Kansas and Sia and finding that more inspiring than most BM.

As for dark ambient and drone and such, I think the better examples are truly eerie and even frightening Lustmord is known to sample slaughterhouses, tombs, catacombs, etc. Such music isn't inherently evil of course, especially considering those artists are not only sane but simply skilled and talented producers.

Yeah but those guys aren't actually evil (for the most part, i think burzum killed a person hes probably an evil guy), they just like to dress/act like the cartoon version of what society thinks is evil, they just want to be different and choose a style that would make them look different in the eyes of the general public.

Music that sounds like that or guys that wear make up and change their names to something stupid like Van Count Drakulas doesn't scare me, it doesn't disturbe me, it looks pretty stupid and unauthentic.

I get what you're saying, I think the question to ask is, is something that's dark or "brutal" necessarily "evil"? I know a lot of metal bands that are really fucking heavvy, but when you think about it overall they aren't really that dark or evil and the one's that are are mostly just an act.

This track for example, heavy as fuck, and the content is pretty damn brutal, but it doesn't necessarily strike me as "evil" because it seems to be just an act playing on the disgusting nature of the imagery and not a genuine desire to mutilate stillborn fetuses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDpCkIAG4Oc

even this is not necessarily evil, moreso misguided depression... it's kind of a sad case really when you think about it. (then again perhaps I'm desensitized since I've always prefered darker music)

Mayhem's singer killed himself (on an underground release of their next album, the cover was a photo they took of his fresh corpse) and the guitarist was killed by burzum. My whole point was that there are crazy fuckers who dress like cartoons.

then there's guys like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zikrYNFZblQ

this demon posessed zombie playing devil music

That is going to give me nightmares.

I guess not a real competitor to any of the trax already posted..... but I listen to this and correlate it to evil

I agree. A lot of Tech Itch is mighty evil. I love it all. I could post a million links, but I won't. One is enough, and yours is a good'un.

*edit*

I was going to post this one video of his track, Legend (Evol Intent remix), but it contains some graphic, nsfw stuff (mostly pig dissections and cadavers and stuff) that I was afraid would get me warned. It is the one with visuals from a very satanic looking live performance (Therapy Sessions) that either he or Evol Intent or both did in Budapest in 2007. It was lit by candles. If you are curious, you can search it out on youtube.

Those black metal bands are indeed evil. I went through a bit of a black metal void period lately. It wasn't good.

I was listening to a lot of Xasthur. That guy's energy is bad news. I won't even post any of it.

Otherwise...

This one gives me a very evil feeling...

So does this one...

Great thread, btw.

:cat:

I like the plethora of discussions that I stirred over the evilness factor regarding music, but one thing everyone has yet to do, is make a reference to classical music. I summon anyone with knowledge over this particular subject

also, i find this relevant:

"One night, in the year 1713 I dreamed I had made a pact with the devil for my soul. Everything went as I wished: my new servant anticipated my every desire. Among other things, I gave him my violin to see if he could play. How great was my astonishment on hearing a sonata so wonderful and so beautiful, played with such great art and intelligence, as I had never even conceived in my boldest flights of fantasy. I felt enraptured, transported, enchanted: my breath failed me, and - I awoke. I immediately grasped my violin in order to retain, in part at least, the impression of my dream. In vain! The music which I at this time composed is indeed the best that I ever wrote, and I still call it the "Devil's Trill", but the difference between it and that which so moved me is so great that I would have destroyed my instrument and have said farewell to music forever if it had been possible for me to live without the enjoyment it affords me."

The jonestown death tape, I guess it's not really music per se, but there are some backwards hymns/organ music leaking through from the other side of the tape throughout which really adds to the fuckedupness of it all. If there's anything more evil than that out there I don't want to hear it.

in the same vein, this song sung by the Manson Family

:wtf:

edit: okay, looking at all those top comments at charles manson song videos on youtube, i have got to ask:

What the fuck is wrong with people?

edit: okay, looking at all those top comments at charles manson song videos on youtube, i have got to ask:

What do you mean?

The jonestown death tape, I guess it's not really music per se, but there are some backwards hymns/organ music leaking through from the other side of the tape throughout which really adds to the fuckedupness of it all. If there's anything more evil than that out there I don't want to hear it.

Is it bad that I kind of want to hear that?

What do you mean?

Maybe I overreacted, but I'm just a bit shocked to see the amount of praise/sympathy this man is getting [on youtube/last.fm]... Stuff like "he should be released!" "society is the one to blame!" "he's such a nice guy!" "he looked so handsome/cute!", "good old uncle charlie" etc... At first glance, it feels as if there are still people falling for the charismatic charm of a gruesome, manipulative cult leader, and that thought chills me a bit.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ghOsty" data-cid="1931160" data-time="1358164421"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gocab" data-cid="1931137" data-time="1358155445"><p>The jonestown death tape, I guess it's not really music per se, but there are some backwards hymns/organ music leaking through from the other side of the tape throughout which really adds to the fuckedupness of it all. If there's anything more evil than that out there I don't want to hear it.</p></blockquote>

<br />

Is it bad that I kind of want to hear that?</p></blockquote>

Maybe, but you can always blame society if you feel bad about doing so. I'm pretty sure it's hosted on archive.org.

Mayhem's singer killed himself (on an underground release of their next album, the cover was a photo they took of his fresh corpse) and the guitarist was killed by burzum. My whole point was that there are crazy fuckers who dress like cartoons.

Mayhem's singer Dead (that name was too apt), the one who killed himself, was fascinating. There's a documentary called Once Upon A Time In Norway about Mayhem and his bandmates talk about his personality, all saying he was nice but very quiet, very detached, and mentally disturbed. He actually joined Mayhem as a replacement singer, so many of the band members never really got to know him. Dead had a near-death experience when he was young (ruptured spleen from a fight that sent him into clinical death in surgery) and after that was obsessed with death, dying, and the dimensions and world he went to when he "died." It was muse as a singer and performer - he'd sleep in shallow graves, bury clothing with dead animals. Crazy and troubled individual.

then there's guys like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zikrYNFZblQ

Was going to post a Big Lurch song myself, thought of it after my last post, I remembered "oh right, that 6' 7" rapper from Texas who got high on PCP then killed and ate the entrails of a woman before running out in the middle of a residential street, staring at the sky because he thought the world was ending and he had to find the Devil and kill him."

Another convicted murderer, X-Raided had an album released after he was incarcerated, by the same label that released Big Lurch's shelved LP. Only this one's vocals were actually recorded secretly in prison ​and it's noticeable in the quality it was transmitted over the phone.

Another Big Lurch track, sounds even crazier chopped-n-screwed:

http://youtu.be/RVPKeSc6bBw

What do you mean?

Maybe I overreacted, but I'm just a bit shocked to see the amount of praise/sympathy this man is getting [on youtube/last.fm]... Stuff like "he should be released!" "society is the one to blame!" "he's such a nice guy!" "he looked so handsome/cute!", "good old uncle charlie" etc... At first glance, it feels as if there are still people falling for the charismatic charm of a gruesome, manipulative cult leader, and that thought chills me a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eh6my9e0NOw#t=2434s

Archived