IGNORED

show me the most evil piece of music you've been acquainted to

huzur

edit: okay, looking at all those top comments at charles manson song videos on youtube, i have got to ask:

What the fuck is wrong with people?

What do you mean?

Maybe I overreacted, but I'm just a bit shocked to see the amount of praise/sympathy this man is getting [on youtube/last.fm]... Stuff like "he should be released!" "society is the one to blame!" "he's such a nice guy!" "he looked so handsome/cute!", "good old uncle charlie" etc... At first glance, it feels as if there are still people falling for the charismatic charm of a gruesome, manipulative cult leader, and that thought chills me a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eh6my9e0NOw#t=2434s

Charles Manson Superstar For forty years, Charles Manson has survived most of his life in what he calls 'the hallways of the all ways,' the reform schools, jails and prisons that have been his home and tomb. His thought was born in the hole of solitary confinement, apart from time and beyond the grasp of society. In his cell, he created his own world and speaks his own language: he has concluded that there is only the mind. This DVD will relinquish to you the extreme story of the killer of all killers: Charles Manson. From convincing his followers to move into the desert to train for the apocalypse, to leading a murderous crew through a string of devilish murders, you will see and hear from Manson himself of how he created a preconceived terror based on his philosophy of life. Manson claims that the so-called 'straight' world outside of prison is but an inverted reflection of the underworld in which he has lived. To him, the reality that presidents and law-abiding citizens accept begins in the hermetic alternate universe of criminals, cons and outlaws. Much as simplistic historians have dismissed Hitler's 3rd Reich as the overcompensation of a failed artist, Manson's vision of a holy war has been generally categorized as nothing more than the jealous rage of a spurned musician.

from an imdb review:

However, having said this, there is one inaccuracy of note: the film advocates the apologist argument that Manson's incarceration is due to his anti-establishment ideas and that he was not responsible for the murders nor even present at the scenes of the crime. While there is an argument that Manson's continued incarceration is an unjust political move designed to avoid the uproar that would accompany it, the role of wholly innocent sacrificial lamb really doesn't suit him and it is generally acknowledged that while he never actually slayed anyone, he was present at the scene (albeit in a casing capacity) and it was the acid soaked apocalyptic milieu he crafted that was certainly a fundamental aspect of the atrocities.

yeah all that sounds neutral

thanks for linking this kinda creepy, glorifying, apologistic charles manson handjob film which-may-have-some-interesting-points-here-and-there-and-whatnot that i'm not going to watch

actually that narrative voice is reason enough not to watch it

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it was the acid soaked apocalyptic milieu he crafted that was certainly a fundamental aspect of the atrocities.

thanks for linking this kinda creepy, glorifying, apologistic charles manson handjob film which-may-have-some-interesting-points-here-and-there-and-whatnot that i'm not going to watch

imdb, right...

have you ever taken acid?

I wouldn't kill a fly while on acid...

sure, form>info...

you go and watch emotional narrative voice of morgan freeman or whoever and believe what you are told to believe and shit your pants whenever your masters show you a new devil or whatever

sorry for the offtopic

it was the acid soaked apocalyptic milieu he crafted that was certainly a fundamental aspect of the atrocities.

imdb, right...

have you ever taken acid?

I wouldn't kill a fly while on acid...

sure, form>info...

you go and watch emotional narrative voice of morgan freeman or whoever and believe what you are told to believe and shit your pants whenever your masters show you a new devil or whatever

sorry for the offtopic

You're dismissive about imdb and then you complain about form>info? And then some wtf about morgan freeman and my masters... ?

Sure thing, Adolf.

fucking LOVE that video... I remember at one point Chris was supposed to be coming out with a full audiovisual album of stuff like this, Im sure he scrapped the project (as he tends to do), but if it were all videos done like this damn it'd be awesome.

Guest Wall Bird

I'm not sure about evil, but the one of the most terrifying pieces of music I know of is Fantomas' Delirum Cordia, a 74 minute musical composition depicting surgery without anesthesia. It's also, and I don't say this lightly, is one of the most cinematic pieces of music that I know of.

Although the album is loaded with Patton's vocal treatments it is entirely without words and conveys a harrowing odyssey of medical operations, despair, and the supernatural. It's almost like some sort of pain-induced vision-quest.

From the liner notes:

"Like The Svrgeon, The 'Composer' Slashes Open The Body Of His Fellow Man Removes His Eyes, Empties His Abdomen Of Organs, Hangs Him Vp On A Hook Holding Vp To The Light All Of The Body's Palpitating Treasvres Sending A Bvrst Of Light Into Its' Innermost Depths"

Richard Selzer M.D

[youtubehd]tz0FjiS5xaU[/youtubehd]

This album is full of terrific episodes, long silences, and meticulous sound design, but one of my favorite parts is the section from 44:00 to 45:30 where after a minute and a half of bones being scraped the section terminates with a sound so ugly I can imagine my bones dislocating. Powerful shit.

Of course, these sections are best heard in context. Listening to this album is best done in the dark with an excellent sound system and the same attention given to watching a movie.

Guest Wall Bird

String quartets are great, too. I'd go with Gyorgy Ligeti's String Quartet No. 2. Pretty alien shit, if you ask me. It inspires fear in the sense that people fear what they don't understand.

[youtubehd]Yx_Q_mIth0Q[/youtubehd]

Also, you gotta give it George Crumb for his piece for amplified string quartet: Black Angels

[youtubehd]pV6BeeoX474[/youtubehd]

If you weren't awake a moment ago, I'm certain you are now.

Oh! Definitely this one: John Zorn's 'Cat O' Nine Tails'. Not too evil sounding at first, but skip to 5:20 and you'll see what I mean when the quartet re-enacts some poor creature getting flogged with the titular implement.

[youtubehd]RFUEbIofB1U[/youtubehd]

I'm not sure about evil, but the one of the most terrifying pieces of music I know of is Fantomas' Delirum Cordia, a 74 minute musical composition depicting surgery without anesthesia. It's also, and I don't say this lightly, is one of the most cinematic pieces of music that I know of.

I love Fantomas, Delerium Cordia is the one album I haven't heard by them, I'll have to give it a listen tomorrow.

^^ Ah yea, Sunn O))), love them... some of their later stuff is rather pretty IMO, but yeah Black 1 is pretty damn evil sounding at times. The Collab with Boris is fantastic as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smwlb-N2BuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g99JRc1A4-8

Although the album is loaded with Patton's vocal treatments it is entirely without words and conveys a harrowing odyssey of medical operations, despair, and the supernatural. It's almost like some sort of pain-induced vision-quest.

From the liner notes:

"Like The Svrgeon, The 'Composer' Slashes Open The Body Of His Fellow Man Removes His Eyes, Empties His Abdomen Of Organs, Hangs Him Vp On A Hook Holding Vp To The Light All Of The Body's Palpitating Treasvres Sending A Bvrst Of Light Into Its' Innermost Depths"

Richard Selzer M.D

This album is full of terrific episodes, long silences, and meticulous sound design, but one of my favorite parts is the section from 44:00 to 45:30 where after a minute and a half of bones being scraped the section terminates with a sound so ugly I can imagine my bones dislocating. Powerful shit.

Of course, these sections are best heard in context. Listening to this album is best done in the dark with an excellent sound system and the same attention given to watching a movie.

I took your advice and really had a concentrated listen. That was one proper mindfuck, and time really well spent (so thanks for that). Amazing soundscapes and indeed, very very cinematic for the mind. I never bothered to listen to any Mike Paton related stuff because I think he is an idiot (based on absolutely nothing except his slick arrogant attitude maybe), but damn he is one talented creative idiot.

its debatable wether this is actually music...

the story behind it:

Stalaggh have found a small cult-like fan base due to the fact that they actually have mental patients do the vocals for their albums. One particular "guest" vocalist was locked away for brutally stabbing his own mother over 30 times to death at the age of 16. One of the "musicians" was almost murdered by another mental patient who reportedly had uncontrollable homicidal urges during the recording process. According to the band, the sounds of the attempted murder were caught on tape.

Allegedly, one of Stalaggh collective worked at the mental institution where they acquired their guest vocalists. Through this connection, they were able to abduct 7 patients for the recording of Projekt Misanthropia.

There was talk about black metal musicians being evil or not. Here's a list of some evilness commited by black metal musicians:

http://www.metalinjection.net/black-metal-history-month/top-10-crimes-committed-black-metal-musicians

I thought that Stallagh mythos was just that, fairytales, much like RDJ's 6 finished but unreleased albums.

This Stalaggh group sounds highly unethical.

If I had a family member in a mental institution and found out somebody that worked there was making them scream for a recording without consent of a guardian, lawsuits would be flying.

this kind of music is not evil at all...

i guess something that sounds like churches is evil for you guys???

cause, that's all that's been posted till now, church music...

just imagine if Satan entered this thread and listened to this silly pussy music, what would he think??? :facepalm:

Yeah but those guys aren't actually evil (for the most part, i think burzum killed a person hes probably an evil guy),

Varg definitely killed Euronymous, haha:

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/a_burzum_story02.shtml

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOTQ9TVkG98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vnCaJFrg08

https://soundcloud.com/_type/i-work-for-the-whip

From the liner notes:

Richard Selzer M.D

this is amazing. thank you for introducing me to this.

this song gives me anxiety. i think it's pure evil. some of the stuff you guys are posting just seems like "evil" because of its shock value. actress captures utter wrongness in this song and i think it's fucking impressive.

Archived