IGNORED

Darkstar - News From Nowhere

Guest vletrmx

Guys, when you preorder an album, doesn't it usually show up at your doorstep on the release date? I still haven't recieved mine from Bleep and when I contacted them they said oh sorry, deliveries on pre-orders take up to 28 business days...?

Guys, when you preorder an album, doesn't it usually show up at your doorstep on the release date? I still haven't recieved mine from Bleep and when I contacted them they said oh sorry, deliveries on pre-orders take up to 28 business days...?

for me, usually a week after that actual release date. which is kinda shitty.

Saw them in Berlin when I was there last week, picked this up at the end of the show. Really great from start to finish, found myself coming back to it more and more, very addictive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would totally pick this album up if I could find it for a reasonable price in the States -

record shops are selling it for $26+ which is more than I can afford for an album, despite loving the music as well as the packaging/design.

• 1 month later...

Finally getting around to listening to this album - and I'm glad I did! I was a bit reluctant to put it on (ie start the stream from Spotify), fearing that it may be too ambient or boring. I've been meaning to since the release. Instead, it's got good energy and sounds that hold my attention quite well. Some of the tracks are reminding me of Merriweather-era Animal Collective, and it just so happens that's my favorite of theirs so that's cool. The album as a whole has its own feeling though. Nice stuff, good for spring and summer and probably later when you miss spring and summer. It's positive like Ambivalent Avenue, but more relaxed. I don't love the album cover but it fits the sounds.

Of all the amazing albums that have come out this year, and there are many..

I've probably gotten the most mileage from this Darkstar album. I keep coming back to it and it always feels light and refreshing. You Dont Need a Weatherman is a top notch track.

I agree. Many many great albums this year. I'm struggling to keep up. Which, of course is a good problem to have. (As opposed to not enough good new music coming out).

• 3 months later...

animal collective

I am in love with this album too

Ah I see, yes! I got that too.

I think this album is great don't get me wrong, but I found some of the tracks a little samey.

I think it's great work though and can't wait to hear their next album.

Archived