IGNORED

Moog Sub Phatty

th555

Saw it, still don't really like it. I have tried the slim phatty and little phatty and thought they were completely over priced and pretty 'meh' compared to any of the DSI stuff. (know I'm gonna catch shit for this)

Now you too can make overly compressed skittery juke music with this new overpriced monophonic synth.

Saw it, still don't really like it. I have tried the slim phatty and little phatty and thought they were completely over priced and pretty 'meh' compared to any of the DSI stuff. (know I'm gonna catch shit for this)

Now you too can make overly compressed skittery juke music with this new overpriced monophonic synth.

Sorry to hear you feel like that. I really enjoy the moog sound, I think amazing things can be done with it in the right hands....(a la Jean Jacques Perrey, or Wagonchrist, etc)....

I'm interested in this sub phatty. Anyone know the price offhand?

I'm not really all that excited by this, but man, that is one sexy looking synth.

read $999 somewhere... pretty damn awesome

that video was pretty uninformative... there's a bunch of samples on their soundcloud though: https://soundcloud.com/moogmusicinc

really? I was thinking it would be even more expensive than the lil phatty...

yeah, the clip is flying lotus I believe. doesn't really tell us much!

Is it just me or does it just sound like something FLylo could of made in Reason?

Not doubting the synth's capability, the samples and demos just seem kind of...irrelevant

Is it just me or does it just sound like something FLylo could of made in Reason?

Not doubting the synth's capability, the samples and demos just seem kind of...irrelevant

Not sure... it definitely sounds like other things flylo has made. Maybe he has been using moog all along?

Sorry to hear you feel like that. I really enjoy the moog sound, I think amazing things can be done with it in the right hands....(a la Jean Jacques Perrey, or Wagonchrist, etc)....

I'm interested in this sub phatty. Anyone know the price offhand?

New Moog sound/machines are different than old moogs to me. I got to play around with a big moog modular and an old minimoog when I took a tour of a studio in Seattle and fucking loved the sounds I was getting off them, but I just really don't care for these new moogs. I do love Moog, don't get me wrong, I just prefer some of the newer synths made by other companies over the wallet-phatty series.

They could've made a better video to feature it too, seems like they are pleading to hipster-folk with that awful juke shit

Good omfg or bad omfg?

Bad!

I hate this new overcompressed Flying Lotus sound. Some of it is charming, but 95% of the time it's nerve-wrecking and those stupid off beat hihats, bongos etc. sound terrible.

I'm gonna get so much shit for this.

Good omfg or bad omfg?

Bad!

I hate this new overcompressed Flying Lotus sound. Some of it is charming, but 95% of the time it's nerve-wrecking and those stupid off beat hihats, bongos etc. sound terrible.

I'm gonna get so much shit for this.

We could maybe just ignore the bad promo video and talk about the synth instead...

(he starts playing it around 4:30)

Bad?

Y'all's crazy. Seriously.

Watching the second demo vid that Luke posted.

Makes some pretty badass bass sounds. I wonder what the price tag is on it.

BTW I saw Dr. Robert Moog himself back in April 2005, when he came to my university to present his lecture and documentary. That was four months before he passed away.

• 6 months later...
Guest RadarJammer

even the sweetwater guy said to think of the little 2 octave keyboard like a parasitic worm gently sucking the creative force from an otherwise superb looking device

Archived