Hoodie

Are you on the Autism Spectrum?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. What was your score?

• 0 - 10
    • 11 - 22
    • 23 - 31
    • 32 - 50

Hey WATMM! I was wondering if the people in this community have a higher probability of being somewhere on the Autism Spectrum. If you could please take the following survey (which has been psychologically validated) and enter your score in the poll (or even post it if you're comfortable with that and want to discuss the results), I would appreciate it! Thanks!

https://psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/

Edit: By the way, I got 23. A little higher than average, which is what I expected.

Edit2: Here is an explanation of what the Autism Spectrum Quotient actually measures:

One new idea is to see the high-functioning autistic spectrum as a dimension of traits that runs right through the population. Using a metric of autistic traits called the Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ), population studies have confirmed that these show an approximately normal distribution (Baron-Cohen et al, 2001c). This means that, rather than thinking of people with autism or AS as different to everyone else, we can see them on a continuum with everyone else.

The E-S theory recognises that different people show different size discrepancies between E (empathising) and S (systemising). Whilst people with autism and AS show a large discrepancy between these (S>>E), there are others who show smaller discrepancies in the same direction (S>E), a profile that is more common among males and prompting the theory that autism may be no more than an extreme of the male brain. Equally, some individuals show a discrepancy in the opposite direction (E>S), a profile more common among females, and there are even individuals who show the mirror image of autism (E>>S). Both the E-S theory and the AQ suggest that society needs to be tolerant of different cognitive styles, rather than expecting everyone to conform to a single (average) profile. Acknowledging that there is no single profile that counts as ‘normal’ may help change attitudes towards those who show minority profiles and help normalise autism spectrum conditions, again reducing the risk of making people with highfunctioning autism and AS feel marginalised.

Edited by Hoodie

i just want to confirm that this test isn't measuring whether or not you have autism, only whether you exhibit thought patterns and behaviors typically seen in people who do have autism. that being said, it's still been demonstrated to be quite valid. i've read a couple of baron-cohen's theory of mind studies and people on the autism spectrum always place above 30+ but people who are considered neurotypical don't always place below 30 (that is, even if you are not autistic, you might get a higher score).

I blame the fact I'm half Jewish and dyslexic (Jews are rude which can sometimes seem as if autistic, I think it's all the inbreeding)

Yeah Im not autistic......

Better watch out for Brian Tregaskin. He'll blame you for Jewish IDM conspiracy.

I blame the fact I'm half Jewish and dyslexic (Jews are rude which can sometimes seem as if autistic, I think it's all the inbreeding)

Yeah Im not autistic......

Better watch out for Brian Tregaskin. He'll blame you for Jewish IDM conspiracy.

Heterotic has pro jew subliminal messages in the bass line