200 members have voted

1. 1. What was your score?

• 0 - 10
    • 11 - 22
    • 23 - 31
    • 32 - 50

i'm pretty sure someone with bi-polar would make good music

Lol

What about having a healthy imagination accompanied by a "rich and distinguished" emotional perspective? I'd almost start to think, being an artist requires one to be completely fuck up emotionally. Well, fuck that. What about being an emotionally healthy artist? Sure, normal happy people might tend to create normal happy art. But if all the people on the planet would be normal happy, that would be the kind of art they'd be aching for.

Ehm, i'm sure i've lost the point here. And ironically i wasn't even trying to make a point, but instead i'm in the process towards making one anyway. And worse, it's a completely redundant point. But fuck you. I'm posting it anyways

I bet Goiter Sanchez would score really high on this.

My girlfriend insists that I'm autistic, so she got excited that I scored as highly as i did. But for every trait i have that would fall into that category I've got a couple that would be quite uncharacteristic of an autist. I've just got a few eccentricities.

I just scored 28. I am definitely socially awkward (particularly in a group setting full of people I don't know), but I don't think of it as an insurmountable wall. The best way to overcome anxiety is to face the trigger head-on and I can imagine myself getting over my issue. I am enrolling in Toastmasters soon which I am confident will aid me in building more social self-confidence.

Edit: I'd like to know what Elusive4 scores on this.

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

I would have pegged you for at least a 30, though I think you're a good deal less socially awkward than myself. This quiz was sorely lacking in questions to do with insect/plant knowledge, in which case they would have nailed your ass for sure. *edit: @ goiter

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I would have pegged you for at least a 30, though I think you're a good deal less socially awkward than myself. This quiz was sorely lacking in questions to do with insect/plant knowledge, in which case they would have nailed your ass for sure. *edit: @ goiter

A good memory or didactic interests is definitely an Autism indicator, though the two can certainly be mutually exclusive.

I definitely prefer to focus on one thing at a time as opposed to multitasking and am perfectly content to work on the same thing for hundreds of hours if I feel that progress is being made.

Are you serious? People in general are bad multitaskers. No matter what they think of themselves.

(This is why the whole autism thing is so full of shit, imo. When having a good memory and being able to focus on one activity for a longer period of time can become "potential indicators of autism", something's very wrong. Perhaps it's society inability to teach younger generations what social behavior is? Or the amount if chemical crap that's been stuffed in our food?)

i'm pretty sure someone with bi-polar would make good music

I thought WATMM liked shitting on The Flashbulb?

Anyway, I got a 29. I wasn't surprised. I don't think I'm exactly autistic, especially when I was a child. I've just slowly become more and more anti-social as I've gotten older based on a lot of things that happened in my life.

i've read a couple of baron-cohen's theory of mind studies

Fun fact: That guy is the cousin of Sasha Baron Cohen.

borat-profile.jpg

was that autistic an autistic thing to do? it felt like an autistic thing to do

argh, there's no such thing as asperger's syndrome. it's a con trick. look at who devised the test. borat's brother. getting a degree from oxbridge gives someone a right to be believed whatever lies he comes out with, even Ali G's brother. "ooh im an aspie" no youre a dupe.

argh, there's no such thing as asperger's syndrome. it's a con trick. look at who devised the test. borat's brother. getting a degree from oxbridge gives someone a right to be believed whatever lies he comes out with, even Ali G's brother. "ooh im an aspie" no youre a dupe.

tom_cruise_586356.jpg

The Real meaning of this test

32 - 50 Get ready for a life of solitude, no amount of creative output will be enough to satisfy loneliness, most likely to commit suicide.

Spot on.

15. I used to be more nervous socially, now I'm more confident being a dick. But I've never liked numbers or been particularly obsessive over patterns or data.

Hey wow, I'm most men.

I couldn't remember if I'd done this test before but then when that came up I remembered I had (and scored exactly the same despite thinking I'd got more aspie over the years)

Compared to people with Asperger's I have met, I know I'm just awkward and not autistic. But it's been slightly interesting to me since I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and found myself identifying with the narrator during some of his "unusual" moments. I scored a 29, which was a little uncomfortably higher than I expected.

I agree that the results can't be indicative of even having autistic behavior, but answering the questions is fun for self-reflection and the number results too for seeing where you fit relative to the averages. There's a couple more tests:

Empathy Quotient

Systemizing Quotient

which I scored 23 and 39, towards the autistic end from the average. I'm sure the first number is just due to moderate social dysfunction.

Edited by Vilwx