IGNORED

Celebrity/non-musical IDMers

jhonny

Guest Aserinsky

Vic Reeves chose Bucephalus Bouncing Ball as one of his desert island discs as I recall, Bill Bailey has said in interviews he's also a big fan of Squarepusher. I know that I've come across others, just can't remember their names right now.

Why did they put those goofy screams over it? The tune is weird enough as it is!

Probably because Michael Caine really is an Aphex Twin fan and it was his record, and the movie being rather low budget couldn't afford the rights to the song. I imagine adding the screams was some kinda loophole. Just a guess though really.

Why did they put those goofy screams over it? The tune is weird enough as it is!

Probably because Micheal Caine really is an Aphex Twin fan and it was his record, and the movie being rather low budget couldn't afford the rights to the song. I imagine adding the screams was some kinda loophole. Just a guess though really

the track is in the credits, they definitely were able to afford the rights to the track, otherwise it wouldn't be in the film and it wouldn't be in the credits.

i think the only reason they put the screams in there is to accentuate the comedy of it being 'zen music'

Probably because Micheal Caine really is an Aphex Twin fan and it was his record, and the movie being rather low budget couldn't afford the rights to the song. I imagine adding the screams was some kinda loophole. Just a guess though really

the track is in the credits, they definitely were able to afford the rights to the track, otherwise it wouldn't be in the film and it wouldn't be in the credits.

i think the only reason they put the screams in there is to accentuate the comedy of it being 'zen music'

I suppose that makes more sense, I was just speculating... I need to watch that movie again, it;s been a while, great film

I suppose that makes more sense, I was just speculating... I need to watch that movie again, it;s been a while, great film

The scream was actually the first sample from the freesound project credited formally in a major film:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Freesound_Project

Guest disparaissant

mitchell and webb had that aphex twin as iphone vs venetian snares as a decent samsung comparison in peep show...

mitchell and webb had that aphex twin as iphone vs venetian snares as a decent samsung comparison in peep show...

yeah BoC popped up in an episode in the last series as well.

Guest Ron Manager

lol, I haven't seen the last couple of seasons of Peep Show, so hadn't seen that. Must watch them sometime.

This must be jazz, buy my gf likes trashy crime dramas like CSI and NCIS. In NCIS, one of the guys has a Venetian Snares sticker/banner in his cubicle.

tumblr_matdiictVr1rbkb35o2_1280.png

Haha! Thats awesome!

I would have pegged Elijah Wood as being an Aphex fan.

I bet MacCaulay Culkin is into IDM.

Archived