IGNORED

Somerset Avenue Tracks

ilt17

Just got my copy last friday!

What a beautiful gift Mike brings here to us, so what I already knew his back catalogue had to offer some gems, here's the confirmation. One could wonder why some of those tracks didn't replace some other on the early albums !?

Personal fav's at this time are surely Airto for surely being one of his first tracks to start his Lunatic Harness d'n'b era mid-end of 95, a small piece of history. Toy Gun #2 from Peel Sessions for being a better version of Metal Thing #1 at my taste and other very nice tracks such as Trail Quest or Spooky Tooth.

And I still have to listen to the 12 bonus Wav's !

Like what, already with Meast, Tango'n'Vectif bonus tracks + this album now, he had a shitload of releasable unreleased stuff, the mark of a great composer.

Important to note the top quality vinyl pressing too.

So thanks a lot Mike!

EDIT : At the moment I'm writing this, a copy is for sale on Discogs for 280$ ! Seriously is there someone being a fuckstick enough to fall in the trap ?!

Got my copy yesterday. Can't listen to the LP yet, and half of the download failed (waiting for dropcards to reset my code...). Didn't have time yet to listen to everything either.

Still, I love what I heard. I'm so happy I succeeded in grabbing Green Lanes, I've been waiting for a proper version of this tune for years, and it's such a fantastic piece of music. I cannot wait to listen to full version of Diala too, the preview is beautiful.

And the other tunes I'm not familiar with at the moment sound promising.

I'm a huge µ-Ziq fan and all those unreleased materials from his golden years is a blessing.

Guest vletrmx

Still waiting on my copy back in the states. :(

But excited as all get out, especially if they're really going to throw in some stickers

Great interview in FACT today with Mike and Lara:

http://www.factmag.com/2013/03/01/mike-paradinas-and-lara-rix-martin-on-heterotic-the-early-days-of-%C2%B5-ziq-and-the-ascent-of-planet-mu/

Lara, you compiled the album didn’t you?

LR: “There was about 1000 [tracks] to start with, wasn’t there? How many was it?”

MP: “There was about 1300 altogether. Then I gave you about 1000 – we went through a lot of it really quickly, like if you didn’t like two seconds of it it’d be in the bin.”

!

EDIT : At the moment I'm writing this, a copy is for sale on Discogs for 280$ ! Seriously is there someone being a fuckstick enough to fall in the trap ?!

of course. you know half of them were probably bought up by complete cunts for this very purpose. c'est la vie.

Guest Dr of Quantization

Got my copy yesterday. Can't listen to the LP yet, and half of the download failed (waiting for dropcards to reset my code...). Didn't have time yet to listen to everything either.

Still, I love what I heard. I'm so happy I succeeded in grabbing Green Lanes, I've been waiting for a proper version of this tune for years, and it's such a fantastic piece of music. I cannot wait to listen to full version of Diala too, the preview is beautiful.

I'm a huge µ-Ziq fan and all those unreleased materials from his golden years is a blessing.

Hey how did you get your code? I recieved my copy Thursday and tryed to logon planet.mu and found I did not have anything in my digital download que.

Hey how did you get your code? I recieved my copy Thursday and tryed to logon planet.mu and found I did not have anything in my digital download que.

Check under the first vinyl (A and B) there is a card lodged into the corner that brings you to dropcards.com for the download. ALSO. Don't do what I did and try and download them all at once. Download each song one at a time.

I tried to download them all at once and something glitched and now its saying my code is invalid and I have to go through customer service etc etc etc.

Anyone else having problems with dropcard? It screwed up my download and I submitted a help ticket a couple days ago and they aren't responding and their phone number doesn't work for me (says unavailable?).

I only got to download 8 of the 24 tracks and it says my download code is now invalid/already redeemed!

I really don't know why p-mu didn't handle the download aspect internally! The planet mu download function is always quick and easy!

I really don't know why p-mu didn't handle the download aspect internally!

This is pretty easy to answer if you think about it. What about copies not sold from the mu site, i.e. from Boomkat or Diskunion? Or copies sold on ebay/discogs. They're not going to be able to redeem the digital.

I think the problem was mainly that because of Dropcards file-size limitations the files has to be saved as individual wavs, instead of one large wav .zip file download. Which would have solved most of the DL issues.

Yeah that makes sense I suppose. It's just frustrating dropcards is not responding to me and their phone number is disconnected. I submitted a second help ticket, hope I get a response. =)

I still haven't gotten my copy of this yet...

I'm in Cali and am wondering when to write into Planet Mu. I see one US-based poster has one. Anyone else on the west coast waiting on this?

Ah, thanks. I wrote in. I know how in demand these are(which is why I ordered early), so hopefully I don't come off as sketchy and can get a replacement. My first order from Planet Mu, to boot....

Ah, thanks. I wrote in. I know how in demand these are(which is why I ordered early), so hopefully I don't come off as sketchy and can get a replacement. My first order from Planet Mu, to boot....

oh no! That's not a good first experience. Usually p-mu takes care of people quite well. Keep in mind it could be a problem with the post (I hope it's safe/in good condition!)

Good luck!

I finally got my copy! I'm not sure where it vanished to, and it was a little banged up, but the discs are fine, and that's my main priority.

Whew glad you got yours...

How bad is the damage on the sleeve etc? =/

Not terrible. The corners took the brunt of the beating, but the packaging kept the damage limited to creases and wrinkles in the sleeve. Looks like I won't be able to flip this for MASSIVE PROFIT.

I'm enjoying the Volume 1 a lot. Particularly the first 5 or so tracks. I haven't gotten to Volume 2, but they're all in my google cloud for now. Woo hoo!

Archived