IGNORED

Melodic acid track in a mildly braindance style

crx091081gb

• 2 weeks later...

not doing too much for me really. the style isn't something i much go for generally though...it's not bad, just feels a little directionless for the most part. the odd bass melody that comes in 1/3 of the way through is the most interesting part to my ears.

Guest Hermann

I´m really liking the odd melodies and harmonies. The bass kick drum really compliments the track but in my opinion the rest of the percussion sounds drag it down a lot, just feels way to basic and monotonous. Spice up the percussion sounds and maybe add one more contradicting melody to make it perfect. Liking where it´s going!

Interesting sounds. Your track just takes off and is quite wonderful right around 3:00 with that dreamy arpegiated synth bell sounding thing. Then it whisps off into that out of tune, but still in tune, synth, which is nice as well. Good work.

New tune, has some nice pads. Hope you enjoy.

Listen on Soundcloud.com

Not bad, not bad at all! Reminds me of early Orbital (and that's a good thing as Orbital is one of my favourite electronic bands). There's a part at the 3 minute mark that is similar to a track on Squarpushers Hello Everything album (I think the track was Theme from sprite).

Anyway, great job.

Some right Squarepusher vibes. You just need to add a random part where breaks start and then it will be like Tundra.

it's nice as it stands with the rimshot percussions and other 606/909 ishness.... For some reason i feel some unpredictable semiprominent yet prime open and closed hat work will tie it up. that one more layer will help me get into a state of imagination a bit more involuntarily. nice work

Some right Squarepusher vibes. You just need to add a random part where breaks start and then it will be like Tundra.

Love Squarepusher's track Tundra. One of his absolute best tracks tho is Tundra 4. A masterpiece.

yeh if you clocked up the number of hours I've spent listening to Tundra 4. Well you'd have a lot of hours. Tried sticking a break on this, couldn't make it work, just felt glued on top. I don't think I could approach that level of awesomeness any time this century.

Will most likely dick about with the hi-hats as that's a really good idea. Plus I'm kind of liking Roland purity in my drum programming atm, I've had the same R8M for 15 years that I have to thump every day before it switches on but we kind of have an understanding.

It's a homemade x0xb0x with the x0xi0 front and back panel mods, she's my pride and joy. I've got D16 phoscyon which I use when I'm dicking about away from the studio but I generally end up rewriting the lines on the x0xb0x.

yeh if you clocked up the number of hours I've spent listening to Tundra 4. Well you'd have a lot of hours. Tried sticking a break on this, couldn't make it work, just felt glued on top. I don't think I could approach that level of awesomeness any time this century.

Will most likely dick about with the hi-hats as that's a really good idea. Plus I'm kind of liking Roland purity in my drum programming atm, I've had the same R8M for 15 years that I have to thump every day before it switches on but we kind of have an understanding.

Yeah, I feel like programming your drums is more authentic, but a lot of times I can't get the right sound trying to program break beats. I think I just need to get better at shifting the pitch and velocity or something. It is equally as difficult to me to cut up a break sample and arrange it with the same amount of detail as I you can program drums on a machine though. Definitely shouldn't force it. I usually run the break through some effects and eq it until it sits nicely into the mix.

Archived