IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Guest Frankie5fingers

just realized that the time changes here, we "fall back" today/tonight.. so i can justify staying up late 8)

shit i think this is wrong. :dry:

isnt the time change in November?

Edited by Frankie5fingers

just realized that the time changes here, we "fall back" today/tonight.. so i can justify staying up late 8)

shit i think this is wrong. :dry:

isnt the time change in November?

yeah, first day of Fall though

Guest disparaissant

i was supposed to do a 10-15 minute presentation today and it turned into a 1 hour 15 minute discussion based on what i was presenting. this was for 30% of my grade. BET I GOT AN A.

I have formulated a techno plan.

:mu-ziq:

fws'es: just got the apartment I've been hoping for and patiently biting my nails over for the last few weeks -- $300 less per month in rent than my current place, same size, in a better neighborhood, utilities included and way closer to both my and my gf's workplaces. we're gonna save about $5k just living in this place for a year. can't wait to move this weekend. saving that money means i can finally buy a new, non-back-morphing mattress, fuck yes.

today was also payday, and i found out that despite major layoffs in my lab (seriously they just fired half the staff), i'm good to go.

my engineering/physics instructor for the quarter seems cool, which is a huge difference from the late-onset alcoholic tenured british fucker i had to deal with last year.

i'm also inheriting slightly more money from my grandma's recent passing than i previously thought. a few extra thousand in the bank account. my gran's frugality will not be lost on me. *fights urge to buy a machinedrum*

overall it's been a pretty good day. :happy:

i was supposed to do a 10-15 minute presentation today and it turned into a 1 hour 15 minute discussion based on what i was presenting. this was for 30% of my grade. BET I GOT AN A.

photo-7552.gif?_r=1367817442

(congrats!)

i dunno if this is really an achievement.. i just destroyed the toilet brush in my shared house. i smashed the that fucker on the wall. it shattered and i put the pieces in the bin. before i did that i was unblocking a toilet that surfaced shit and menstrual gunk

it felt like achievement

i just checked my bank online and the government put 1006 dollars in my account, obviously a fuck up and i have to be honest about this but i'm just laughing and shaking my head. what the fuck...

almost completely caught up on backwork from surgery recovery and i can run again. another week or so and i can get back to mountain biking before winter really hits.

just found a programme to convert my R3D footage to a managable format. now i can have a go at the offline myself. :emotawesomepm9:

Nice! What'd you shoot? Any high speed stuff?

(Wait, how many damn film nerds do we have here? I do location sound)

huge change in my life, i bought a house but also

after about 8years of having a cheapass yet awesome (flashlight/beeropener) black/white phone i bought myself a pretty cheap smurfphone!!!

it's hella cool, i just found out how to put your music on it and bought some badass "no noise" earphones!

now i'm driving to work/everywhere with em in my car so i don't have to listen anymore to that lameass radio on broken speakers

it must have been since my last 'walkman' that i experienced the godlike feeling of doing daily things with your favorite music banging in your ears, i'm so happy!!

had a phenomenal class this morning. thought it would go to shit at 830am, but everyone was laughing, participating, having a good time. as a teacher, that stuff makes you feel good about yourself.

Guest Frankie5fingers

I might get a day or two off next week with the potential government shutdown getting closer and closer. funny thing is is that since im payed by a third party id still get payed AND wont have to show up.