IGNORED

What is the hardest computer game made?

pcock

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the name is self-explanatory: Impossible Mission (C64)
[youtubehd]h5eC_BDSfiQ[/youtubehd]

It's literally been over two decades since I last played it, but if I remember correctly it was a bitch. At least in Flashback you had a gun. They don't even give you a bloody spoon to fight with in this one.

Guest drukqs

This game is currently in Alpha right now, but I find it to be at once one of the most fun but also one of the most difficult fighting games around. The combat system is genius, it employs expert timing, angle, time spent holding down the attack button (jab/full punch, etc) and a few other variables into the system and it just works quite beautifully. The entire point of the combat system itself is to cripple the enemy by breaking vital bones, as opposed to a health system. Its really quite fun and a really tough challenge, especially if you try the new gamemode released in the most recent alpha (a gladiator ring that gets more difficult the more people you kill, and gets easier the more you are killed. Also each enemy is spawned using a random scale of aggressiveness, forethought, strength and blocking skills). I'm really interested to see what the game is like once it's finally released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w7lSEi1Z8o

(Pretty sure the guy in this video is using godmode however. The game is extremely easy to get killed in, the guy playing has probably been playing for a while)

Guest drukqs

lol, try playing it then. Either way, its made by this really tiny group of guys who basically built the entire thing from the ground up. Its pretty amazing in that respect, I think. Don't knock it 'till you try it, I say.

'Mushihimesama Futari' is a spectacularly difficult Japanense CAVE-style shooter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q1XdsrDINE

I have an another Japanese bullet hell for GC called Ikaruga. It's fucking hard but it's fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd95jQ57_eM

Bit of an explanation for the vid: a single hit will kill you but you can switch between two "polarities" so either black or white bullets do you damage or alternatively give energy to make larger scale attacks.

Guest Iain C

'Mushihimesama Futari' is a spectacularly difficult Japanense CAVE-style shooter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q1XdsrDINE

I have an another Japanese bullet hell for GC called Ikaruga. It's fucking hard but it's fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd95jQ57_eM

Bit of an explanation for the vid: a single hit will kill you but you can switch between two "polarities" so either black or white bullets do you damage or alternatively give energy to make larger scale attacks.

My old housemate was obsessed with this game and yes, it's hard as nails. I could never make much progress, but I never bothered too much - didn't like the art style or music too much.

Radiant Silvergun on the other hand, that I played to death. The pinnacle of top-down shooters IMHO, and still pretty damned hard.

well this obviously

riven_ss(12).png

the myst series isn't that hard, but a lot of fun. i played them all :)

beautiful, beautiful landscapes...surely most idm game series.

really bad that cyan softworks went bankrupt, so there probably won't be a sequel to myst V.

Guest Iain C

surely most idm game series.

Yes, in the sense that they're superficially complex but actually rather mundane, often over-long and boring, and responsible for a slew of unimaginative imitators in a stale genre that saw its best days decade ago.

:trollface:

Got soooo clooose to beating Riven, but no.

Lunar Jetman

Fuck that game. It's so stupid that once a meteor crashes in front of the Rover that you can't move it forward anymore.

Streets of Rage III is ridiculously hard in my opinion. I still haven't beaten it. Some day I'll get to hear the soundtrack in the correct context.

well this obviously

riven_ss(12).png

really bad that cyan softworks went bankrupt, so there probably won't be a sequel to myst V.

I should replay Riven, I loved it when I was younger (I consulted the guide quite a bit)

Guest Frankie5fingers

well this obviously

riven_ss(12).png

I should replay Riven, I loved it when I was younger (I consulted the guide quite a bit)

a couple years ago my brother and i did a myst quick play thing where we tried to beat 1-3 as fast as we could with no help. took us the whole day, was some of the most fun ive had playing a video game. im thinking im gonna do it again, this time 1-5. been long enough for me that ive forgotten most of the puzzles.

anyways, you guys should do it if you havent. its a shit ton of fun. spending the entire day playing myst games.

Grand Prix Legends, I only know a few human beings on earth who were able to master the simulation. A sub-8 minute lap at the Nurburgring is something to achieve.

Yes!!! Haven't yet met anyone else who played it but I did seem to spend a lot of time on the long, old Nurburgring track. It was a bit jumpy on my old PC but still worth playing.

Mass Effect 3's multiplayer is pretty damn challenging IMO... dunno how it'd rank against some of these games though

I don't even understand how people beat platinum solo matches. I just don't get it.

Yeah, idk I haven't even attempted platinum with a full team. I get my ass handed to me in Gold with a full team

Got soooo clooose to beating Riven, but no.

Lunar Jetman

Fuck that game. It's so stupid that once a meteor crashes in front of the Rover that you can't move it forward anymore.

you have to get out and build a bridge over the crater dummy

Archived