IGNORED

What is the hardest computer game made?

pcock

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm standing by Dwarf Fortress, I've probably spent 20+ hours on it and I still don't even know how to play it.

Rhythm games are incredibly hard to master; the hardest levels take years to be able to play.

I'm standing by Dwarf Fortress, I've probably spent 20+ hours on it and I still don't even know how to play it.

Rhythm games are incredibly hard to master; the hardest levels take years to be able to play.

no not if you have good rhythm.

amplitude took me 6 months to get into the world top 200

why would riven or myst be mentioned in a thread about hardest computer games ever? i went through myst at about 13yrs old, when it came out. they have some tricky puzzles but i'd hardly call them 'hard' games.

compare them to something like zork...

Guest Frankie5fingers

yeah, but its still not difficult compared to other really hard games. im with MisterE on this, the myst games really arent that hard.

riven may be longer, but while i didn't get around to playing that one myself until around 2000, i would still say it doesnt belong anywhere near a list of 'hardest' games. again, check out one of the first zork games. riven and myst are like a walk in the park next to those.

i will say that myst and riven were both great experiences though.

Stick with it. Dwarf Fortress is the proverbial shit. It's the most hilarious, rich, complex, rewarding, and enthralling game I've ever played.

Guest couch

SNES The Lion King

It's a game targeted at young kids. The furthest I ever got was the Elephant Graveyard. I'm sure if I dusted off my old SNES I could complete the game now. But back then it was the hardest one I had.

I'm gonna suggest Jurassic park 1 for the original Gameboy. I couldn't ever get past the T-Rex on the second level. It was a good game up till then though.

I'm gonna suggest Jurassic park 1 for the original Gameboy. I couldn't ever get past the T-Rex on the second level. It was a good game up till then though.

Jurassic Park on the SNES, you couldn't save it and it took up so much time, then when you finally completed it you met with this kick in the bollocks which was just the intro but played in reverse.

Stick with it. Dwarf Fortress is the proverbial shit. It's the most hilarious, rich, complex, rewarding, and enthralling game I've ever played.

It felt like Micromanagement: The Game to me. It would be entertaining if it weren't for that fact. Also, it's not too fun knowing that once I get good at it, most of my games will end because it lags too much.

Guest dylanmcknd

Probably Takeshi no Chosenjo as a legit published game, instead of something like i wanna be the guy which was just distributed for free on the internet.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

There was a level of Robocop on the C64 with a timelimit so harsh that the only way to beat it was to learn how to glitch through a wall.

See 5:50 here -

Guest Aserinsky

The Amiga version of Robocop was insanely hard to, today I still can't get past the first level.

On Amiga games if you can complete Shadow of the Beast II without using the 10 pints cheat, then hats off to you. Because that game is HARD (although the game over sequence, at the time was so worth it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGf5xpaRIx8

this is a reasonably feeble to addition to the thread, but i remember loving the shit out the southpark n64 game when i was small, and yet i never could finish the final robot boss, even with god mode and infinite ammo cheats. that guy was a fat robot dick.

rofl, a memory of my own childhood as well that Southpark N64 game!

this was a destroyer of many hours for me (probably already posted in the thread!)

Not the hardest but it took me a good while to complete Rainbow Island on the Amiga. Quite a sense of achievement that was. Unfortunately I lost the photo I took of the winning screen.

Archived