IGNORED

other good electronic music production forums?

I find myself browsing xltronic, twoism, gearslutz here and there...

I lurk at tapeheads.net and audiokarma for good info on cassettes and vintage stereos but 95% of those users are baby boomers who listen to pink floyd on [insert subjective niche hi-fi format or component here]

Guest nuclearaddict

KVRAudio. Tons of amazing sound designers post there regularly. Guys like Electric Himalaya and Michael Kastrup.

kvr and gearslutz have proven pretty good

To me they are great resources for sifting through digital/vst (KVR) and hardware (gearslutz) recommendations, though EKT is like talking to a librarian - much more specific and personal advice and expertise.

kvr and gearslutz have proven pretty good

To me they are great resources for sifting through digital/vst (KVR) and hardware (gearslutz) recommendations, though EKT is like talking to a librarian - much more specific and personal advice and expertise.

agreed. i don't see any need to post on there really. the information is already up and running, good to browse for new stuff that's coming out which is really all i want.

as for idm forums... i used to post there. it's ok. something about it screams "sausagefest" in a way that i wasn't really feeling. i mean i know this place is a sausagefest but it doesn't scream it

Guest yikes

" i mean i know this place is a sausagefest but it doesn't scream it"

fucking LOL

i dis agree

miff's modules is the schizzle par excellence.
much cooler than gearslutz

typical post on gearslutz ;

"what gear do i need to make good edm"

" i hate _____insert name of dope ass gear/kit that hasn't even come out yet"

"which synth should i buy"

"i am an inexperienced talentless cunt ,help me buy some gear for my 5000 dollar budget "

"How do make it sound like deadmau,skillrex,etc etc etc etc"

"i have a 909 and a 303 do i need an 808 to sound like real Detroit techno"

sighs

Gearslutz is awful, partly because of the signal to noise ratio. Useful for the search function though. Idmforums is dreadful in every possible way. Muffs is good, decent community, just don't attempt to listen to any of the music that comes out of it.

Muff wiggler is cool but i think they shoot themselves in the foot as far as a potentially very good buy/sell forum with a 100 post requirement before you can sell a piece of gear. I personally hate that kind of shit, I understand why they do it but find it super annoying.

i think out of all the music making forums I've been too, KVR is by far the most knowledgeable and comprehensive. They seem to even have a better handle on the priorities of which devices/software are best suited for a specific type of sound or sound design application. Gearslutz people seem to come in 2nd place in this regard but they are way too head up ass in the analog arena. KVR don't give a fuck about that. I can't say that EKT is very good compared to most of the other music making forums on the net. It has a more personal touch of course because I've been here for a while but I often find better answers to my questions on KVR or Gearslutz. Basically EKT itself only stays afloat as a good resource because of posters like Kcinsu, Ryan Mcallister, Phling, Futureimage, Maus and a handful of others (sorry if i didn't mention you, if you're a pro you know who you are). I feel like other forums have a lot more people as knowledgable as these guys to help people out. Don't mean to bash on EKT it just needs waaaay more people like the ones I mentioned above

Guest nuclearaddict

KVR is awesome, because 90% of the forum loves Synth1 and they really know their shit. Also, like I mentioned, there are some really great sound designers on there.

Archived