IGNORED

Various Artists - EDM B2

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to the Heidi Lord track I'm wondering whether or not RDJ played tracks from these comps in his sets over the years. I would suspect he has, but if he hasn't... Why not? He doesn't mind playing other peoples unreleased tracks, but, imo, he rarely plays his own unreleased work ( although, this is up for debate, but i suspect that a lot of the unknown work he plays, isn't his).

Nevermind though. Just forcing my brain to find logic about some of these tracks being by rdj.

Guest Spunk Monkey

Oh man gonna order this tomorrow morning :)!

Heidi are the Alain Kepler tracks yours also?

No

been listening to the youtube tracks all day (order for this and the new eod still in the mail). totally fantastic. that heidi track fuckin' rips it.

Guest HappyHouse

I have always had good experiences with norman records - they are top!

But yeah, this CD is stonking! So good I felt inclined to make an account here and sing its praises. It's really exciting to get some fresh acid music of this calibre.

What if Alain Kepler is actually some dude named Alain Kepler?

mind-blown-2.gif

Haha Jesus Christ I was just asking cause there was some sound on one of the Alain Kepler tracks from a2 that reminded me of one of the English electric songs but I guess it was just coincidence!

Pardon me!

Guest Retrig

+10 for Norman Records. Kept me updated on status, quick shipping, and you're supporting an independent shop that loves the music.
Anyhow, if A2 were a macho muscleman on steroids, B2 is a sexy, hot young thing bathing in a waterfall while singing lovely tunes.
Exciting times.
Edit: I repeat: I don't give a fuck if RDJ releases anything ever again. The next wave is here to pick up the torch.

Has anyone entertained the idea that this actually IS a rephlex collective with Richard dabbling his hands in all the songs?

I seriously hear bits of Aleksi, Jodey Kendrick, RDJ, and even DMX crew and EOD in here....

Guest Retrig

It's refreshing to hear someone else mention Aleksi and Ed. I agree. Alain Kepler tracks (if I'm remembering correctly) do have an Aleksi sound to them, for sure. I think it's a distinct possibility those others are involved, but at the same time, Jodey (and Heidi?) have really matured in their production, and display the ability to create a wind range of styles.
For now though, I'm sticking by it being purely Jodey (and Heidi?).

PS: Heidi confirmed we'll be receiving the track at ~7:01 here. Fucking ace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhBNKn2BMp8

It's refreshing to hear someone else mention Aleksi and Ed. I agree. Alain Kepler tracks (if I'm remembering correctly) do have an Aleksi sound to them, for sure. I think it's a distinct possibility those others are involved, but at the same time, Jodey (and Heidi?) have really matured in their production, and display the ability to create a wind range of styles.

Songs like coronet and data sync have techniques in them that are uniquely RDJ though, IMO anyways.... Sounds/techniques I've not heard elsewhere that sound like b sides of druqks or that AFX song Mangle 11... Also that Jidomatix song GM sounds like it's got the RDJ touch on it...Heidi Kann Brauchen sounds like DMX Krew vs AFX...Dyna 4 sounds like Aleki/Astrobotnia

Also, theres a song in there that definitely sounds like Amen Andrews VS AFX but I don't remember which....

Also, "I'm unemployed"?? seems like a play on AFX's "I'm Self Employed"... But this track sounds like it's solely Jodey Kendrick... =/

It's all so confusing to my ears! lol

Guest Retrig

Songs like coronet and data sync have techniques in them that are uniquely RDJ though, IMO anyways.... Sounds/techniques I've not heard elsewhere that sound like b sides of druqks or that AFX song Mangle 11... Also that Jidomatix song GM sounds like it's got the RDJ touch on it...Heidi Kann Brauchen sounds like DMX Krew vs AFX...Dyna 4 sounds like Aleki/Astrobotnia

Also, theres a song in there that definitely sounds like Amen Andrews VS AFX but I don't remember which....

Also, "I'm unemployed"?? seems like a play on AFX's "I'm Self Employed"... But this track sounds like it's solely Jodey Kendrick... =/

It's all so confusing to my ears! lol

I can't say I disagree. Love the mystery :)

PS: Heidi confirmed we'll be receiving the track at ~7:01 here. Fucking ace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhBNKn2BMp8

yes!!! I was going to ask when this song was coming out. :beer:

maybe we can see it on EDM C2? :braindance:

Archived