IGNORED

White Cyclosa

Alzado

Guest philia

of all the new tunes from this evening, this ones probably my fave. has that mnml zoetrope quality that i love

Just because something has vintage synth arpeggios doesn't mean Goblin or Italian horror film OSTs are the immediate sources of inspiration. Regarding potential influences for the album here's Radio Workshop, the Kosmische scene, fairly successful commercial pioneers like Wendy Carlos, Vangelis, and Mike Oldfield, Tomita, the much darker industrial and dark ambient from groups like Coil and Soviet France, and slew of hundreds and thousands of self-released new age and ambient albums people pressed on vinyl and cassette from the late 60s to early 80s (anyone familiar with the blogs WMFU, Mutant Sounds, and FM Shades has seen these).

I'm not saying Goblin isn't an influence but it seems to be name-dropped rather liberally lately relating to BoC, when the only definite Goblin reference in recent electronic music I can think of is that sample Justice used.

anyway, I digress...

are those voices in the mix...oh wait this is a live recording I forgot

love that synth that creeps in at 1:42 and just consumes the whole track

not to mention the cyclical nature of it ;)

ditto

yeah, deffo...could almost be another "homage" (ie., ripoff)...check out the start here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwHQltabnxU

nice, thought i was the only who recognized the ridiculous similarities. If its not a sample, it's most definitely a quasi cover. Homage is far too light a term.

and the reason it sounds like Goblin is because BOC was inspired by a ripoff of Goblin in the form of John Harrison's day of the dead soundtrack. It's sort of like if Goblin made island elevator music

Just because something has vintage synth arpeggios doesn't mean Goblin or Italian horror film OSTs are the immediate sources of inspiration.

true, but did you hear what was just posted? It's not just inspiration, it sounds like it could be a cover or a direct nod to the song on the Day of the Dead soundtrack. Before it was posted here, i was re-working the Day of the Dead soundtrack doing a remix totally unreleated to Tomorrow's Harvest, and within seconds of hearing White Cyclosa i thought to myself 'wait ive heard this before, what are they sampling' and i realized it was the song i was just chopping up. Doesnt sound like a sample, but very undeniably similar. It's not just an italian prog synth arpegio.

Just because something has vintage synth arpeggios doesn't mean Goblin or Italian horror film OSTs are the immediate sources of inspiration.

true, but did you hear what was just posted? It's not just inspiration, it sounds like it could be a cover or a direct nod to the song on the Day of the Dead soundtrack. Before it was posted here, i was re-working the Day of the Dead soundtrack doing a remix totally unreleated to Tomorrow's Harvest, and within seconds of hearing White Cyclosa i thought to myself 'wait ive heard this before, what are they sampling' and i realized it was the song i was just chopping up. Doesnt sound like a sample, but very undeniably similar. It's not just an italian prog synth arpegio.

Yeah you're right, that segment is practically identical, easily fits their "re-creation" in lieu of sampling method. Many of the track names of Day of the Dead wouldn't be out of place on the new album. I spoke a bit too soon lumping what lumpenprol posted into my rant.

Yeah you're right, that segment is practically identical, easily fits their "re-creation" in lieu of sampling method. Many of the track names of Day of the Dead wouldn't be out of place on the new album. I spoke a bit too soon lumping what lumpenprol posted into my rant.

Tycho sounds EXACTLY like BOC

:rolleyes:

It's perfect, it's that track I always wanted to hear.

It also killed my curiosity for Dopplereffekt with decent synth/sound work, it's easy for me to imagine now what it would sound like.

Semena Mertvykh is also great, just love these dark interludes, so atmospheric.

One of the tracks that stood out to me on first listen. The melody that comes in at 0:39 sounds uncanny to something I\ve heard before, some movie I'm sure, just no idea which. Either way I love that. Also I like the helicopter sound heh.

:rolleyes:

weird, so you guys so Hoddie, you deny that this song is an obvious homage to John Harrison's Day of the Dead suite? Because it's blatantly obvious.

One of the tracks that stood out to me on first listen. The melody that comes in at 0:39 sounds uncanny to something I\ve heard before, some movie I'm sure, just no idea which. Either way I love that. Also I like the helicopter sound heh.

check the above posts, it's from George Romero's Day of the Dead, and the copter sound further proves the song is a homage to the score.

what i don't get is if people acknowledge that the song is a semi-recreation and or homage does it somehow devalue the music on display? It doesn't for me in any way, i think the track is good. It's almost an improvement on the original track by John Harrison.

check the above posts, it's from George Romero's Day of the Dead, and the copter sound further proves the song is a homage to the score.

Yeah I saw. I heard the arp melody and helicopter for sure. What I meant were the lingering notes in the melody at 0:39 or so. Is that melody also from day of the dead? The boc track is gorgeous and whatever reference or homage to earlier works doesn't devalue it for me.

Archived