IGNORED

Boc Old Tunes 1 + 2 / Boc Maxima / orig Twosim etc

Bambi

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only assumptions are directly related to those quotes. Namely that those quotes actually provide a good image of their opinion. What kind of assumptions am I pulling out of my ass? That the Boc-brothers would be able to (in)directly get in contact with Mike P if they wanted to?

Also, pristine first generation audiofiles from a cassette? Really? Pristine audio from a cassette doesn't make much sense to begin with. No matter how audiophile the equipment. It would be a first, if possible.

Well, my chum from Norwich releases on Border Community & Notown and usually mixes all his modular shit down to cassette tape, before mastering....as he likes it. Ye can take the old boy out of the school, but ye can't take the old-school out of the boy. I don't know what even :beer::wacko:

Edit: point is, cassettes still RAWK

Yeah, that's the point, innit? Cassettes have an impact on sound, and if that's your goal, you can use cassettes to get that effect. But that's different to cassettes being a medium for reproduction (instead of production)! Like you say, they have their own characteristic sound, so the whole idea of cassettes perfectly reproducing the original music (the word pristine was used, i believe?) doesn't make much sense. Not unless the boc-set will be a box of cassettes. Could be their idea, though. I don't know. I wouldn't dare making any assumptions at this point. ( although i have to admit i assumed the set to be released on CD and possibly vinyl as well)

Next thing you know, people will be able to make pristine copies from VHS tapes. Yeah, pristine in the sense that all the typical VHS stuff will be part of the copy. That's different to a pristine copy of the original movie. But i'm milking it now...

So anyway

My only assumptions are directly related to those quotes. Namely that those quotes actually provide a good image of their opinion. What kind of assumptions am I pulling out of my ass? That the Boc-brothers would be able to (in)directly get in contact with Mike P if they wanted to?

Also, pristine first generation audiofiles from a cassette? Really? Pristine audio from a cassette doesn't make much sense to begin with. No matter how audiophile the equipment. It would be a first, if possible.

Well, you've got a whole thread of people hoping whomever the winner was would rip it in high quality, so there you go.

Funny, those are the same people hoping for an official boc set. So there we all go.

Again down the rabbit hole....

Hi alice!

Guest thomasplanetmu

Can't believe Mike gave Rinzence the tapes. Ah well I will hold out on that un released aphex LP TP that I know Mike has.

Guest rinzence

Sorry I havent uploaded pics yet. SUPER busy and Im certain Ill need to upload e shot from every angle with reference materials etc. coming soon.

Please upload all possible tape-related media EXCEPT the audio because that would be wrong. Smells included if possible

Pretty much this.

But, I think the BoC community would think YOU to be an EXCEPTIONAL contributor, were you could lay your wang out beside EACH tape. All three of 'em.

Do it on a warm day, if that helps?

:wang:

Please upload all possible tape-related media EXCEPT the audio because that would be wrong. Smells included if possible

Pretty much this.

But, I think the BoC community would think YOU to be an EXCEPTIONAL contributor, were you could lay your wang out beside EACH tape. All three of 'em.

He's got three wangs now is it?

Guest rinzence

Pretty much this.

I think a few people on here can vouch for the fact that I'm the kind of person that would.

Pretty much this.

I think a few people on here can vouch for the fact that I'm the kind of person that would.

url3.jpg

Archived