IGNORED

Boc Old Tunes 1 + 2 / Boc Maxima / orig Twosim etc

Bambi

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest viscosity

hoping someone like Machinedrum got hold of the tapes, maybe they could be reproduced as was done with that one live track... would be friggin' sweet

it's a trade of some kind. No money involved. Just a mutually satisfactory commission of exchange. And no it wasn't with BoC or warp.

If it was one of those fabled japanese millionaires. Perhaps mike and rixxx are going on an holiday to an on-sen. (was going to suggest something off-colour but whatever.)

My guess is that Miskatonic University offered a full scholarship for the baby in exchange for this unspeakable artifact.

Guest rinzence

Sorry Guys, been quiet on this one (mainly because I didn't want to read 23 pages of nonsense), but we came to an agreement and now I have the tapes. Will post pics when I receive them.

Joyrex is a bell end waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

Sorry Guys, been quiet on this one (mainly because I didn't want to read 23 pages of nonsense), but we came to an agreement and now I have the tapes. Will post pics when I receive them.

Joyrex is a bell end waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

that would be a perfect reason to start another radioshow (although i dont care about the boc tape, just some tunes, some babbling and maybe a tune from wisp or eod) :music:

i miss your and tessa's voice in combination with a canny evening and some bourbon. :happy:

regards

blink·ered [bling-kerd] Show IPA

adjective

narrow-minded and subjective; unwilling to understand another viewpoint.

Oh, come on - considering the amount of viewpoints I regularly have to deal with, calling me narrow-minded is uncalled for. Whatever.

Well, I'm off to the Vinyl Factory tomorrow...regardless of whether my tapes are 2nd/3rd/4th or even 5th generation, this magic window of opportunity is too hard to ignore.

Having seen that 'whoever' produced this: b.jpg got off 'Scot' free...

I can see no reason as to why I can't also do similar, with an extra special BoC-leg in tow: https://soundcloud.com/ravedamage/ravedamage-barts-of-canada

#BigFan #Entitlement #Etc

That was Clone Records, and they got into quite a bit of trouble for that... I dunno where you heard they got off scott free over it...

Also, I'm calling bullshit on the "was never contacted by the label or BoC", but whatever, if that saves them face, then so be it. The act still stands for itself, and the fact they pulled a near 1000 quid auction (despite the claim "no money traded hands") speaks volumes to the veracity of that claim. If the whole point was to get money to help fund an upcoming addition to the family, then how does "an exchange" solve that hard reality? Nevermind, none of my business.

I doubt we'll see any more BoC/µ collaborations (shame too, because the Poppy Seed Remix is one of my favourites).

And for those wondering why I'm so fervent about this: Despite the fact I own these releases myself, I would love for BoC to release these in some format, as there are some truly great tracks, and the sale and almost-certain illegal distribution of these may prevent that from happening. For me, it really is "all about the music". Why do you think I run this website and stick my neck out like this repeatedly? I have no other stake in this than the music, and spreading that love of it to others.

Unless there's no other objections, I think it best this thread gets closed.

Guest rinzence

Shout out to Mizuki and cult fiction.

don't you want to see what happens to the tapes?

shout outs to mizuki and cult fiction btw.

As long as they don't get ripped and end up online, I couldn't care less.

Guest rinzence

Even if they did end up online, the only people likely to care would 100% pay for an official release with better mastering and packaging no? Where did you even get the idea that this would happen from anyway? Let others have a chance at owning this rare treasure, whats better than a rare BOC tape with Mike P recommendations all over it?! THE Mike P. He AND BOC have touched these tapes, actually touched them. I can't wait until they arrive. Into the vacuum vault they go. (all about the music).

Even if they did end up online, the only people likely to care would 100% pay for an official release with better mastering and packaging no? Where did you even get the idea that this would happen from anyway? Let others have a chance at owning this rare treasure, whats better than a rare BOC tape with Mike P recommendations all over it?! THE Mike P. He AND BOC have touched these tapes, actually touched them. I can't wait until they arrive. Into the vacuum vault they go. (all about the music).

Well of course I want other fans to hear this music - but not if it disincentivizes Boards from releasing it because it's easily downloaded online and they fear they'd make little or no return on the time it does take to get this stuff ready to release according to their standards.

I sincerely hope you do keep the tapes to yourself, if you really are the person who negotiated with them to get the tapes.

Perhaps the way this resolved itself will spur any plans BoC had for releasing these someday to move closer to the immediate future.

Read the rules!

Guest rinzence

1. I really am the guy who got them.
2. I'm definitely not the kind of guy to leak anything without written instruction (it's too much of a ball ache)

will post a video when they arrive. Fingers crossed tomorrow, I think they've been sent spesh delivery.

whats better than a rare BOC tape with Mike P recommendations all over it?! THE Mike P. He AND BOC have touched these tapes, actually touched them.

mike p has devalued them.

LOL

& double LOL at "disincentivizes Boards from releasing it"

Seriously, how stupid do you think we are? After 8 years of no BOCset? What was disincentivizing all those years? And do you really think that a new leak will change anything?

We should do an experiment. Open a page where people could pre-order the boc-set (hopefully through Norman records, but that's another issue) with a release date, and some extra text where we tell people that at the same date an unofficial copy of the tapes will be leaked (set of flacs). Money will only be taken when the actual release will be sent.

Hypothesis: lots of boc-fans will pre-order anyways and boc will have all the incentives to actually release it (read: amount of buyers).

O, and it's WARP's biggest selling artist, right? Well, there you go...another incentive to release the boc-set. How many incentives do they need? I can show them my tits, if it would help.

BOC and incentives is like women and watching football.

Archived