IGNORED

Deadly Harvest - film basis for Tomorrow's Harvest

Rubin Farr

not sure how many people caught this post in the TH thread, i thought given how much this influenced the new album, it deserves its own thread so the max number of fans get to see it.

i actually saw this film. it has A LOT of shots of cars & trucks driving around desolate roads which seem to have been the "inspiration" for the whole campaign of shot s of.... desolate desert scenes. i liked the idea (which seemed a lot like 'no blade of grass') but it was just executed very poorly.

Guest Papillon

i actually saw this film. it has A LOT of shots of cars & trucks driving around desolate roads which seem to have been the "inspiration" for the whole campaign of shot s of.... desolate desert scenes. i liked the idea (which seemed a lot like 'no blade of grass') but it was just executed very poorly.

Since they (BOC) specifically mentioned Mark Isham's music I happened to watch The Hitcher on youtube last night. Some of the scenes driving through the desert look like they were inspired by the film as well...especially the abandoned gas stations etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6WmEoMY2Lo

BTW you can see my actual neighborhood in the opening credits of Deadly Harvest when they fly over Toronto.

Guest duck

it's a cool soundtrack, but the 'harvest', and '1977' connections are all there is to say really. I don't see any reason why this would be directly connected to the album, although i did bring it up a month or so ago on twoism

Archived