IGNORED

Soccer referee decapitated after stabbing player to death in Brazil

J3FF3R00

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like all the generalizations in this thread, but I can vouch for the big asses stigma. Ridiculous, even the plastic mannequins in the shops have them.

Apocalypto is fictional, take place 500, not 2000, years ago, and is about Mayans, who lived in what is now mostly Southern Mexico and Guatemala, not any of the indigenous tribes of rural Brazil. And that's irrelevant anyway since most Brazilians in that region are Pardo (equivalent to Hispanic or the older term Mestiço, mixed indigenous and white lineage) or ethnically white.

And yeah, crowds haven't done that exact thing in the U.S. or anywhere else in the word - that situation itself of an official stabbing a player is as far as I know unprecedented. And it's a different society: this is a country where it's a longstanding and constant tradition of having multi-million dollar war machines fly over a stadium after someone sings the national anthem. You can't compare that with, say, a regional sports even in rural Brazil. And less than 100 years ago people where lynched by mobs for such accusations, not in heated sports events, but usually in organized crowds with no police interference. In 1916, Waco, TX, a city of 30k (at the time) with a notably progressive University for the region, 15,000 attended a lynching a black man in the middle of the city. That's beyond acting like animals and that was less than 100 years ago.

Fans here do riot and fight each other, sometimes kill each other on occasion. Go to any American Football game, college especially, and you'll hear absolutely horrible language directed toward women and children and elderly people from fans on the other side. It's all irrational hatred perpetuated by corporations and sports organizations because it makes money. It's all very organized and controlled, but that doesn't mean there's no potential that something like that could happen in the U.S. or Europe. As I mentioned earlier, a referee in Utah was killed after an assault (his 3rd time btw) for giving a yellow card out in an unsanctioned amateur game.

So basically, the response of WTF is completely warranted because you were either trolling or stating very ignorant and narrow minded opinions on the event.

thanks for the history lesson. it's not at all possible that i was being stupid and making a joke, like probably 80% of the other comments in this thread had been doing.

here's the issue you didn't pick up. if a guy simply says 'what the fuck' to a post that had several things in it, as mine did, then there's no way for me or anyone to know what the wtf was taking issue with. it's a cowardly way for him to criticize me and my post without having to actually say what he's criticizing or go into detail about why. he's done that shit to me i don't know how many times now.

it's totally reasonable for me to assume that he was taking issue with my calling the brazilians involved animals and saying they need to step out of the stone age. no shit the spaniards didn't arrive in south america 2000 yrs ago. maybe his wtf was about that aspect of my post, but we'll never know because he prefers the cowardly route of being casually dismissive and coming off like he's too good to actually explain why i'm an idiot. fuck him. american's do kill each other on occasion, yes. but i've yet to hear about fans at a sporting event here actually decapitating and placing a person's head on a stake. that's crossing a line into a whole different realm and acting like a fucking animal. and it wasn't just one person, it was a group from the crowd, which indicates that it's a societal thing going on that led to that being a cool idea to do. but go ahead, make excuses or be apologetic or suggest that we can't judge because some people here shot someone.

how about a compromise.

perhaps all humanity should move a bit more away from the stone age?

i would agree to that. but at the same time, since i'm not a PC brainwashed tool, i can acknowledge that certain areas of the world are more fucked up than others, in different ways, while not being totally blind to things that are messed up where i live also. does someone here actually think that a crowd in the USA would tear or cut a guys head off because he stabbed a player in a game? i think in this country, there would actually be a chance that some people would try to protect the guy who got stabbed from being stabbed again (something like what recently happened in england after that animal chopped up a soldier with a cleaver), while others would try to restrain or incapacitate the guy doing the stabbing.

there are degrees of fucked up, and cutting a guy's head off and putting it on a stake is pretty fucked. i think PC mentality masks or seeks to encourage people to ignore problems and simply allows them to continue. there's a reason why humans evolved to use social shaming. evolution did that. for a reason. can someone explain why it's ok to criticize americans (usa) for being fat, lazy, stupid, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, but i can't say 'those guys are kinda fucked... look, they tore a guys head off!' it's ridiculous.

i would agree to that. but at the same time, since i'm not a PC brainwashed tool, i can acknowledge that certain areas of the world are more fucked up than others, in different ways, while not being totally blind to things that are messed up where i live also. does someone here actually think that a crowd in the USA would tear or cut a guys head off because he stabbed a player in a game? i think in this country, there would actually be a chance that some people would try to protect the guy who got stabbed from being stabbed again (something like what recently happened in england after that animal chopped up a soldier with a cleaver), while others would try to restrain or incapacitate the guy doing the stabbing.

there are degrees of fucked up, and cutting a guy's head off and putting it on a stake is pretty fucked. i think PC mentality masks or seeks to encourage people to ignore problems and simply allows them to continue. there's a reason why humans evolved to use social shaming. evolution did that. for a reason. can someone explain why it's ok to criticize americans (usa) for being fat, lazy, stupid, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, but i can't say 'those guys are kinda fucked... look, they tore a guys head off!' it's ridiculous.

Dude you can say whatever you want. But that post in question of yours was so nonsensical that it really did deserve a wtf reaction.

Dude you can say whatever you want. But that post in question of yours was so nonsensical that it really did deserve a wtf reaction.

it was nonsensical. so much so that i figured it would be obvious that it was intentional. and essines' wtf was him being a dick, as usual. as if i'm either a) an idiot even though i was clearly being an ass on purpose (like half the shit posted in this entire forum) or b) somehow i'm wrong for suggesting brazil has a problem with savage violence based on an event like this, which wouldn't happen where i live, and if it did it would be a freak occurrence rather than just another day in brazil.

it was nonsensical. so much so that i figured it would be obvious that it was intentional. and essines' wtf was him being a dick, as usual. as if i'm either a) an idiot even though i was clearly being an ass on purpose (like half the shit posted in this entire forum) or b) somehow i'm wrong for suggesting brazil has a problem with savage violence based on an event like this, which wouldn't happen where i live, and if it did it would be a freak occurrence rather than just another day in brazil.

DECAPITATE HIM FOR FLAWLESS VICTORY

Well it wasn't obvious to me.

Also, "being an ass on purpose (like half the shit posted in this entire forum)"... wow you ARE an idiot!

seconded

My Brazilian friend told me it was a really small town and the people that killed the referee weren't fans and that they were the player's friends and family.

i'm not really hoping to involve myself in this argument. moral relativism of comparing a public crowd beheading and dismembering of a person and what level of animalism that involves. Maybe I'm just super 'PC' but i respect humans who can do things like behead people and kill with their bare hands more than a socially inept depressed person who decides to shoot 30 people in a movie theatre because he had a bad day. Maybe the former is more animalistic, but it's sure a lot more badass and less cowardly.

maybe so, but the frequency of mass shootings in the US vs the frequency of brutal slayings in brazil would then be the issue.

actually ya know, i think that's kind of dumb to say you have more 'respect' for this group of killers vs that group. we don't even know if they really were family, or at least i don't. a link showing that side of the story would lower the barbarism factor by maybe 4%. and btw, mass shootings/killings happen all around the world (granted with more frequency in some places compared to others), not just in the usa, as liberals would love for us all to believe.

i'm not really hoping to involve myself in this argument. moral relativism of comparing a public crowd beheading and dismembering of a person and what level of animalism that involves. Maybe I'm just super 'PC' but i respect humans who can do things like behead people and kill with their bare hands more than a socially inept depressed person who decides to shoot 30 people in a movie theatre because he had a bad day. Maybe the former is more animalistic, but it's sure a lot more badass and less cowardly.

definitely. still doesnt match the story of those dudes in the super-badass-childwar Invisible Army of The Lords raiding some pussy ass town and slaughtering all the adults, making the kids carry their dismembered bodies to a vat, cooking it into a stew, and making the kids eat their own parents

flol

pwnd

My Brazilian friend told me it was a really small town and the people that killed the referee weren't fans and that they were the player's friends and family.

I asked my friend if that is what usually happens ant Brazilian amateur soccer games (via my Words With Friends messenger).

He said:

"Mob justice is kinda common in small, remote towns...

A friend has a story about a town in the amazon where some guy raped a girl...

I think he was arrested, so they burned down the jail. Then he was taken to the hospital and they burned that down too...

He asked if they killed the guy and they were like 'well, he's not alive now'...

My friend was just passing through the town. He was like 'shit, how long ago was this?' they were like 'just last year'..."

:blink:

yeah i was going to post something about that, but i'm glad someone beat me too it. I don't care how many people Brazilian soccer fans behead because of how beautiful Brazilian female asses are. It offsets it for me enough to not be too upset about it.

Apocalypto is fictional, take place 500, not 2000, years ago, and is about Mayans, who lived in what is now mostly Southern Mexico and Guatemala, not any of the indigenous tribes of rural Brazil. And that's irrelevant anyway since most Brazilians in that region are Pardo (equivalent to Hispanic or the older term Mestiço, mixed indigenous and white lineage) or ethnically white.

And yeah, crowds haven't done that exact thing in the U.S. or anywhere else in the word - that situation itself of an official stabbing a player is as far as I know unprecedented. And it's a different society: this is a country where it's a longstanding and constant tradition of having multi-million dollar war machines fly over a stadium after someone sings the national anthem. You can't compare that with, say, a regional sports even in rural Brazil. And less than 100 years ago people where lynched by mobs for such accusations, not in heated sports events, but usually in organized crowds with no police interference. In 1916, Waco, TX, a city of 30k (at the time) with a notably progressive University for the region, 15,000 attended a lynching a black man in the middle of the city. That's beyond acting like animals and that was less than 100 years ago.

Fans here do riot and fight each other, sometimes kill each other on occasion. Go to any American Football game, college especially, and you'll hear absolutely horrible language directed toward women and children and elderly people from fans on the other side. It's all irrational hatred perpetuated by corporations and sports organizations because it makes money. It's all very organized and controlled, but that doesn't mean there's no potential that something like that could happen in the U.S. or Europe. As I mentioned earlier, a referee in Utah was killed after an assault (his 3rd time btw) for giving a yellow card out in an unsanctioned amateur game.

So basically, the response of WTF is completely warranted because you were either trolling or stating very ignorant and narrow minded opinions on the event.

thanks for the history lesson. it's not at all possible that i was being stupid and making a joke, like probably 80% of the other comments in this thread had been doing.

here's the issue you didn't pick up. if a guy simply says 'what the fuck' to a post that had several things in it, as mine did, then there's no way for me or anyone to know what the wtf was taking issue with. it's a cowardly way for him to criticize me and my post without having to actually say what he's criticizing or go into detail about why. he's done that shit to me i don't know how many times now.

it's totally reasonable for me to assume that he was taking issue with my calling the brazilians involved animals and saying they need to step out of the stone age. no shit the spaniards didn't arrive in south america 2000 yrs ago. maybe his wtf was about that aspect of my post, but we'll never know because he prefers the cowardly route of being casually dismissive and coming off like he's too good to actually explain why i'm an idiot. fuck him. american's do kill each other on occasion, yes. but i've yet to hear about fans at a sporting event here actually decapitating and placing a person's head on a stake. that's crossing a line into a whole different realm and acting like a fucking animal. and it wasn't just one person, it was a group from the crowd, which indicates that it's a societal thing going on that led to that being a cool idea to do. but go ahead, make excuses or be apologetic or suggest that we can't judge because some people here shot someone.

how about a compromise.

perhaps all humanity should move a bit more away from the stone age?

yes.

seconded

I think you have a point. I'd say that part of Brazil is more fucked up than, say, one of their major cities.

Interesting point. That's why I mute any discussions I hear of "cowardly" acts during modern-day combat - sure IEDs are fucked up, but so are drones. In comparison, 21st century war makes the mechanized horror of the American Civil War or even WWI look arguably more "admirable," if not at least straightforward.

Archived