IGNORED

drexciya & the other people place

th555

There is some great posts in this thread.

-Abstract Thought - Consequence of Cloning is definitely similar to what was on Other People Place

-I always thought Der Zyklus - Formenverwandler sounded like it was from the OPP "sessions". Who knows how these guys worked.

-Also highly recommend Transllusion - Dimensional Glide and Shifted Phases - Lonely journey of the comet Bopp, for their laid back sound, my all time favorite tracks!

Was just listening to the excellent Elecktroids album (also Drexciya) and I thought of this thread. It seems like this track is the first Drexciya track to have that mood (and typical pads and basslines) that would later on evolve into the Other People Place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzMSwTvWzE8

Neat pads! I just love that slightly cleaner (or should I say "fucking slick") production style of him/them.

edit: That's from Tarkovsky's Solyaris, huh? Great movie, a still from that scene has been my wallpaper for some time.

Neat pads! I just love that slightly cleaner (or should I say "fucking slick") production style of him/them.

edit: That's from Tarkovsky's Solyaris, huh? Great movie, a still from that scene has been my wallpaper for some time.

Yeah, definitely but still, this is from 1995, most of their stuff untll 1997 was really "aggro" and absurdly raw, the slicker stuff all dates from after 1999, imo this track is the fundament of that sound.

Anyway, if you haven't checked it yet, Transllusion - Dimensional Glide (just mentioning it again because it deserves at least 5000 mentions) is the epitomy of fucking slickness. One of the deepest tracks EVER MADE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzDw8g3s8H8

Hm, hadn't really been thinking about the distinction between early and late. Track is great indeed.

Pleased to see I'm not the only one who loves this stuff, btw.

Anyway, if you haven't checked it yet, Transllusion - Dimensional Glide (just mentioning it again because it deserves at least 5000 mentions) is the epitomy of fucking slickness. One of the deepest tracks EVER MADE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzDw8g3s8H8

This track slays.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know if there's any place this album can be purchased digitally? (bleep, boomkat, & google say no)

Guest IDNTFS

nice thread. semi-related: i always wondered who made this rather drexciyan-sounding thing that regis dropped in his 2008 DEAF set alongside beltram's mix of blow that shit out

forgot about that Labyrinthine guy. (wouldn't lump it in with Stinsons stuff though, much more sinister vibes)

did anyone ever find out more about him?

Wondered that myself, the first time I saw those videos was when Ludd posted them in the "Obscure Rephlex" topic I started. I see more songs were uploaded.

Archived