IGNORED

Sad Robot Goes Funny - Single

Guest teetime

Guest teetime

And so this sadness comes out in the music they play, and strangely becomes one of the reasons why the public like them because they seem to be able to evoke strong emotions in their audience. But when the public goes home, the robots play their own music which is more fun and to do with their playful aspect —they think back to being young robots, before they were employed in the sphere of public entertainment, and remember the silly antics they used to get up to. So the first section of the piece is them entertaining the public and being sad, then the second section is them having fun when the public goes home, and lastly the third section is when the public comes back and they are sad again.

Brilliant concept and execution. Would love a whole album of this mixed with some heavy electronics. JAS meets Ultravisitor would be great.

his Ultravisitor-era stuff, which I didn't care for.

For shame! lol

Brilliant concept and execution. Would love a whole album of this mixed with some heavy electronics. JAS meets Ultravisitor would be great.

For shame! lol

Sorry, I'm a Hello Everything kind of guy

For shame! lol

I thought they were both brilliant!

Rotate Electrolyte is epic.

Guest teetime

For shame! lol

I think it is far beyond ultravisitor. Tom has learned a lot in terms of composing and song structure. Tracks like Ultravisitor and Tetra Sync are a bit clunky prog monsters with lots of redundancy. *Hoping this track hints at the new shobaleader one release he wanted to release last year.

For shame! lol

I think it is far beyond ultravisitor. Tom has learned a lot in terms of composing and song structure. Tracks like Ultravisitor and Tetra Sync are a bit clunky prog monsters with lots of redundancy. *Hoping this track hints at the new shobaleader one release he wanted to release last year.

That's an interesting comment. I think it's important to take into account what Tom was trying to accomplish with ultravisitor before saying that. Also I found Hello Everything far more proggy than Ultravisitor. Ultravisitor was much more improvisational, less polished, etc.

Back on topic!

I'm in the same boat as you! I hope this is the next imagining of the shobaleader venture!

Guest cult fiction

Richard was supposedly working on similar stuff years ago, but now we're even less likely to ever hear it. I don't think he would want to be seen as following Tom's lead.

Really guys? This is so... bland.

Everyone has an opinion. It just happens that yours is wrong.

lol.

How in mighty fuck is this bland? It breaks so many barriers. 78 finger guitar? Programming robots to play music beyond human ability? Tom's bass skills combined with his drum programming passed through these robots which play the instruments in a quasi analogue way..?

I don't see any angle you could look at this that doesn't suggest groundbreaking.

Archived