IGNORED

iPhone 5C

Rubin Farr

How awesome would it be if Apple made the decision to release the latest iphone version in ONLY neon green, red and yellow?? haha.. no black, no white.. That would force people who swear by Apple to look incredibly tacky at all times, which would be incredibly hilarious... and incredibly brilliant as it actually could change our entire culture...

just imagine, a company that has the power to do something like that if they really wanted to lol

Guest Araungzeb

For a colored plastic smartphone I don't think they look nearly as good as the Nokia 920s or HTC 8x's, I feel like these are far less sleek and look much more like a toy. But then again I've never really been blown away by Apple's product design in the first place.

You can buy a Nexus 4 all-out for $199, contract free and you completely own the phone and can use whatever pay-as-you-go or contract you want.

Compared to that the cheap iPhone 5C doesnt seem too cheap.

How awesome would it be if Apple made the decision to release the latest iphone version in ONLY neon green, red and yellow?? haha.. no black, no white.. That would force people who swear by Apple to look incredibly tacky at all times, which would be incredibly hilarious... and incredibly brilliant as it actually could change our entire culture...

just imagine, a company that has the power to do something like that if they really wanted to lol

You must be too young to remember the onslaught of see-through Bondi Blue and Strawberry plastic peripherals and appliances in the late '90s. All thanks to the iMac G3. Jonny Ive caused such a... problematic cultural shift with his first Apple design.

FUCK YOU JONNY I REMEMBER THAT HOCKEY PUCK MOUSE YOU FUCK YOU FUCKING FUCK FUuuh, what was I talking about again?

You must be too young to remember the onslaught of see-through Bondi Blue and Strawberry plastic peripherals and appliances in the late '90s. All thanks to the iMac G3. Jonny Ive caused such a... problematic cultural shift with his first Apple design.

FUCK YOU JONNY I REMEMBER THAT HOCKEY PUCK MOUSE YOU FUCK YOU FUCKING FUCK FUuuh, what was I talking about again?

haha, i do remember those days... back when we were all harajuku girls (;

Guest cult fiction

Yeah, design on computers was so incredible prior to 1998:

PC-Magazine-1997-Computer-Buyer-s-Guide-

Where's the beige iPhone 5c? That shit is cool again

The pricing is ridiculous, it's like $720 here in Europe.

that's because their stock has been plummeting. they're needing to do some serious damage control for their major shareholders before things facebook for them

i personally think the plastic phone is a good idea, and not because its more affordable. i always feel like my glass one is gonna shatter one night. with a plastic phone, i can fall down stairs, fall over walking, or roll around on the ground, without fear of damaging my phone

Guest jasondonervan

e

I had (still have!) a Sage Green iMac DV+

apple_imac_sage.gif

First revision to do away with the puck. I got so much mileage out of it, it was lovely bit of kit for the time, just enjoyable to use while idly trawling Warpcomm (RIP Pauline Fowler) or The Designer's Republic message board (built in Flash!) instead of getting on with my dissertation...

The last working original iMac I saw was a Bondi in a printshop in Reykjavík, earlier this year. Great to see one of the old workhorses still going.

As for these phones, well I'm droided up now so the Apple line isn't on my radar. I don't think I'd be rushing to upgrade if I hadn't gone for the HTC One, which for the record I've been getting on with very well (except the battery life - Apple spoiled me with the iPhone).

aren't USA prices listed without VAT?

anyway this is another brilliant Apple marketing ploy:

they make you think their new thing is cheap when in fact it isn't.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I still don't have a smartphone either. I have a trusty brick that has a cracked screen and buttons that don't work properly that I can drop all I want and it still works fine (ish)! Thing is like five years old or something

Archived