IGNORED

another hidden aphex image

Guest a_plus

Guest a_plus

has this one made the rounds yet? i haven't seem much/any info about it. apologies if this is common knowledge....

yesterday i was looking at the wikipedia entry on aphex twin, and came across the line saying the the 'bonus high frequency sounds' track on two remixes was another hiden image, like the ones hidden in windowlicker. i found out it was encoded in SSTV -- check the wikipedia entry on it, but it's a method of sending images across radio waves. nasa uses (used?) it to send images from their various space expeditions, and lots of amateur shotwave people use it as well.

well, after far too much time trying to figure out how to decode it, i finally got around to it: downloaded a program called mmsstv, hooked up a cd player to my soundcard's line in (the program won't take wavs!) and decoded this image:

afx2r.jpg

it's kind of fuzzy -- maybe someone with more ham radio experience can get a cleaner version, but i guess the resolution of sstv is 320x240. it more or less says:

This is the first release

on Richard/tom and grant's

label

the first side is a remix of

boxenergy by dj pierre

and the other is a remix

of flow6coma by STATE 808.

i u9sed the following

programs to m%ake this music:

[and here there's just a bunch of gibberish, probably just from pounding on the keyboard]

respekt to K-rok for the vocal snatch

-----

at least that's what it looks like to me. there's a tiny picture at the bottom... richard and... tom? grant? i can't tell.

multimode by n3jly is the program used to encode the image -- google it and find more info!

now i wonder if the noise tracks on the second MEN release aren't another hidden image/message....

yes it has done the rounds, probably about a month or two after the single was released. So you're only around 5 years late for new news :grin:

I faked an image for the Kpta's back in the day, which tricked peoples only for about 2 hours. It's too abstract spectually to be a coherant data stream.

Guest a_plus
yes it has done the rounds, probably about a month or two after the single was released. So you're only around 5 years late for new news :grin:

eh! nevermind then. thread over.

Archived