IGNORED

"Cop Murders Unarmed Civilian" Thread

LimpyLoo

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but if there were more guns...

All joking aside, those poor people and their families... There has to be some justice in either of these trials. It's crazy that we're so desensitized that videos of two men taking their dying breaths are all over social media to lend credence to the (somehow ignored ) fact that LOTS OF BLACK PEOPLE ARE KILLED BY POLICE FOR LITTLE TO NO REASON AND IT'S ACTUALLY A PROBLEM.

Probably gonna have nothing come of it though.

oh fuck. misleading twitter post. could've been anyone i guess

re: suicide i'm talking about the dude found hanging in a tree in the park this morning after a kkk rally the nite before i posted about like an hour ago: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/police-body-found-in-piedmont-park-a-suicide-victi/nrtJq/?icmp=AJC_012616eveningdigest01

Well, this is just going to make things worse now isn't it?

It's already worse. Depending on who the shooters are and what they have to say is what I think could really incite some people. Right now most reasonable Americans/humans are just in shock that police officers are being assassinated from rooftops.

oh fuck. misleading twitter post. could've been anyone i guess

re: suicide i'm talking about the dude found hanging in a tree in the park this morning after a kkk rally the nite before i posted about like an hour ago: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/police-body-found-in-piedmont-park-a-suicide-victi/nrtJq/?icmp=AJC_012616eveningdigest01

Oh, gotcha, sorry.

Well, this is just going to make things worse now isn't it?

It's already worse. Depending on who the shooters are and what they have to say is what I think could really incite some people. Right now most reasonable Americans/humans are just in shock that police officers are being assassinated from rooftops.

This is insane stuff. :sad:

The US is f'ed right up.

https://twitter.com/MisterMetokur/status/751260087159664640

really morbid to say but jesus christ i hope that dude did kill himself in atlanta. i don't know if our city would survive something like this

Man, a big part of me thinks the opposite. Not for your town specifically of course, but just in general, I feel all this shit bubbling up in little pops, I feel like it just needs to all get pushed out into the open, just to get it over with. I really think the big confrontations are the only way things will change for the better, all this little shit for decades has done next to nothing to force America to confront and resolve its true issues.

And no, I'm surely not advocating for a race/civil war, any violence, or anything. I just don't see that anything else other than violence ever changing things; and honestly, even the violence hasn't done much for us so far, so really I'm not things will ever change.

This shit is numbing.

Is this just going to keep getting worse? It seems the toll of police killings and mass shootings just keeps going up...

Side Note : My GF and I are half-seriously scouting out Munich for relocating. She's a citizen, speaks fluently and has a transferable degree - all I need is skills besides growing weed and cooking... It'd be nice to leave the USA and feel a little safer/not deal with the drama. StephenG - work on getting us citizenship and I'll head north. I don't know what I'd do for work, but being a Canadian would be an honor. Leave this place and never look back

I wonder if my Colombian friend I (jokingly) offered to marry for green card reasons would let me move to her spot in Medellin?

Yeah, Colombia is totally the place to move to if you don't want to get randomly murdered.

I was mostly being glib, but yeah:

Leave this place and never look back

100%

StephenG - work on getting us citizenship and I'll head north. I don't know what I'd do for work, but being a Canadian would be an honor. Leave this place and never look back

On it!

Dallas PD is tweeting a photo a dude enjoying his open carry rights. DPD claiming he's a person of interest even though he's seen on video when the shooting starts. Man is about to get lynched.

edit: thankfully he was able to turn himself in.

In some circles these cop killers will probably be regarded as heroes taking the most extreme action to facilitate (much needed tbh) change. Scares me that there will likely be copycats...

Dallas PD is tweeting a photo a dude enjoying his open carry rights. DPD claiming he's a person of interest even though he's seen on video when the shooting starts. Man is about to get lynched.

Are you referring to the guy in Camo carrying what looks like an AR15?

In some circles these cop killers will probably be regarded as heroes taking the most extreme action to facilitate (much needed tbh) change. Scares me that there will likely be copycats...

Are you referring to the guy in Camo carrying what looks like an AR15?

Yeah, sounds like he's turned himself in now.

I saw that photo but I didn't see that he was on video (I'm assuming, not shooting his gun) when the shots were first heard. Is that normal practice these days, just post out photos of people you have a feeling might be involved in crimes? I'm not talking about gas station footage of a robbery where they screen cap the perp's face, I'm talking minimal evidence (as it seems to the general public) situations like this.

He may be innocent, may have just turned himself in so he doesn't get blasted. We will have to see I suppose.

I saw that photo but I didn't see that he was on video (I'm assuming, not shooting his gun) when the shots were first heard. Is that normal practice these days, just post out photos of people you have a feeling might be involved in crimes? I'm not talking about gas station footage of a robbery where they screen cap the perp's face, I'm talking minimal evidence (as it seems to the general public) situations like this.

I don't think it's unfair to be interested in anyone in the area that was seen with a high powered rifle, considering the extremity of the situation?

He may be innocent, may have just turned himself in so he doesn't get blasted. We will have to see I suppose.

I don't think it's unfair to be interested in anyone in the area that was seen with a high powered rifle, considering the extremity of the situation?

I'd agree it's not unfair to be interested in him given the situation, but for the officials to post out that photo implying he could be a suspect in the shooting with essentially no evidence while quite literally still in the midst of the event happening, it seems dangerous to that (now shown to be innocent) man. Very reckless of the DPD imo.

edit: and yes, obviously I'm sure the DPD as a whole was in shock and trying to prevent more deaths/etc., but this move still seems dangerous.

Actually yeah, now that you put it that way, you're right.

Some trigger happy officer or even civilian could take it upon their own hands to deal "justice" in their eyes.

But maybe DPD have very few leads (or maybe even had other intelligence we don't know about to suggest that guy is a legit suspect) and weighing the safety of more officers + civilians they decided it was the right choice. Heavy stuff really...

Actually yeah, now that you put it that way, you're right.

Some trigger happy officer or even civilian could take it upon their own hands to deal "justice" in their eyes.

But maybe DPD have very few leads (or maybe even had other intelligence we don't know about to suggest that guy is a legit suspect) and weighing the safety of more officers + civilians they decided it was the right choice. Heavy stuff really...

Given everything we've seen from them has included 'please contact us with any possible leads' I'd say they have nothing or next-to-nothing to go on.

Meanwhile: Cm0SKbcVYAEVLMG.jpg

Former Congressman: https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom

Oh ffs, great.

That's exactly what we need, a violent "anti black lives matter" figurehead like Joe Walsh. :facepalm:

Edit: sorry, not that he's proven to be violent or anything. Just saying comments like that are just going to perpetuate violence on both sides of the fence. ffs. (That's what I meant when I said this is going to make stuff worse, earlier. People like Joe Walsh are going to come out of the woodwork.)

Archived