IGNORED

"Cop Murders Unarmed Civilian" Thread

LimpyLoo

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This wouldn't have happened if they'd jailed all the cops who murdered innocent black people in the recent high-profile cases.

That may be true. While I sure as hell don't condone this violence, the gunmen might not have taken this route, had justice been properly administered sooner.

This isn't enough to make me flee the country though, over one incident that is still very far away from where I live. If I were in a legitimate daily struggle to survive, that would be a different story, just in comparing the sporadic gun violence in the US to the quagmire in Syria over the last five years.

I'm not having a go at you specifically, ambermonk, but I always find it odd that Americans reach for the shittiest possible comparison whenever someone questions the quality of life here. I mean yeah, I'd rather live in my little corner of the US than parts of the Middle East or Central America, but that's hardly the standard we should be er... shooting for. Even now, I wouldn't hesitate to fuck off back to Britain if I could get a work visa.

Comparing US gun violence with Syria? The facts it's even considered being a fair comparison speaks volumes.

*Not sure whether to "LOL" or to cringe*

Anyway, looks like 5 officer casualties now, 3 suspects in custody, and standoff with a fourth. That's the latest I've heard at the time of this post.

Am I understanding this correctly? Have they posted pictures of dead police officers on their front page?

You are correct.

That's fucked up. Despicable.

the guy who is seen in the clip maneouvring around the building pillars and killing that cop immediately gave the impression of being a trained shooter, with the way he baited and snuck around behind him.

This is the first robot killing via police ever. So far it's only been military. A whole new precedent now...

Very good point. I also read one of the cops that was killed was part of DART, some sort of special section of the Dallas law enforcement. Would be curious what all they've got there. I mean, it is Texas, where like 1/3 of the citizens think their state should secede from the union.

Wasn't the DART guy a transit cop?

edit - DART is Dallas Area Rapid Transit

Yes. I'm not positive if there's a distinction between them and regular police though. Like I think the DART cops (did a google search) still carry a gun, full uniform, etc.

In contrast, here transit cops are bylaw officers...

edit: nope, nevermind. DART officers are peace officers/bylaw officers.

Guest Morphy

That girls live stream was the epitome of conversation starters. America loves to get behind a cause if they can remember the first and last names of the victim and perpetrator. Now there are too many details and uncertainties for Dinner table families across the country to properly digest this bad news.

Brother: I can't believe they used a robot

Sister: that was actually a drone strike

Brother: what's the difference?

Father: there isn't one

Mother: was this about that video?

Brother: what video?

Sister: with the lady in the car

Brother: *whips out smartphone*

Mother: no phones at the dinner table

Father: this countries gone to

Mother: who wan'ts banana splits for desert?

Archived