IGNORED

I am now convinced that capitalism is evil

gmanyo

The ads in this. Video. Jfc. It’s like dark comedy. the first ad that ran was about rich white people worrying about outliving their retirement money if they live to 100. 

There’s a playlist of these 

Edited by ignatius

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so, this discussion is really illuminating and clears up a big part of the system of the world and how we got here w/the petro dollar etc.. good financial history lesson. it's quite fascinating and is only stuff i was vaguely aware of.  the consequences of all this are pretty clear.. i'm about an hour into it. a lot to think over.  this guy being interviewed is a strategist for the human rights foundation. "how exploitation is sold as development" etc.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, decibal cooper said:

Wow, fuck that guy, seriously. I, on the other hand, parked in short term parking at Newark last time I had to travel for work. I was really proud to expense that $370 parking charge.

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, EdamAnchorman said:

fuck that guy, seriously.

and repeatedly. corporate jagoff bootlicker.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chenGOD said:

and repeatedly. corporate jagoff bootlicker.

And the thing about it is that he's wrong.  He's just wanking into a ceiling fan on LinkedIn.  At most big companies, several hundred thousand dollars is a rounding error. "Every dollar counts", yeah only when they're negotiating your salary / benefits.

Furthermore, it's typical to actually get punished for not spending out any budget that has been allocated to you.  If I ask for $120k to buy an instrument or $5k for travel to a conference, I get no kudos for coming in under that.  Finance actually gets upset because it creates more work for them if I come in significantly under, AND next year when I ask again they'll say, "well you didn't allocate properly last year, so we're gonna give you less this year."  Vendors have actually tried to give me discounts and I have had to tell them "no" (and then I enjoyed the puzzled look on their face).

The whole thing is just bonkers.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, decibal cooper said:

wanker

Catch the same bloke in a few weeks and he'll probably be boasting about being lavishly wined and dined at some swanky client event

Edited by Walter Ostanek

As a unanimous jury found, Lamor Whitehead abused the trust placed in him by a parishioner, tried to obtain a fraudulent loan using fake bank records, bullied a businessman for $5,000, tried to defraud him out of far more than that, and lied to federal agents. Whitehead’s reprehensible lies and criminal conduct have caught up with him, as he now stands convicted of five federal crimes and faces time in prison US Attorney for the Southern District of New York Damian Williams

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbc08VNIsMU/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

those fockers

In Brazil, the conditions are legally different for sales and tech employees. Sales workers have a 44-hour workweek; for tech workers it’s 40, and they’re entitled to a higher minimum wage and overtime pay. Guess how IBM classifies its Brazilian workers

https://restofworld.org/2024/ibm-lawsuit-brazil/

• Facepalm 1