IGNORED

the grammys

pattern recognition

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

a little perturbed by the whole "macklemore and madonna presiding over a mass gay wedding" thing. i mean uh. yeah i guess there are a lot worse things the grammys could have done but god as something of a radical queer lady the creeping normalization and assimilation of gay culture gets on my nerves, especially when it's literally presided over by straight people.

JOIN US

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

YOUR FASHION SENSE AND QUIRKY SENSIBILITIES WILL BE ABSORBED INTO OUR OWN

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

a little perturbed by the whole "macklemore and madonna presiding over a mass gay wedding" thing. i mean uh. yeah i guess there are a lot worse things the grammys could have done but god as something of a radical queer lady the creeping normalization and assimilation of gay culture gets on my nerves, especially when it's literally presided over by straight people.

JOIN US

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

YOUR FASHION SENSE AND QUIRKY SENSIBILITIES WILL BE ABSORBED INTO OUR OWN

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

This has happened, is happening, will happen with anything that the Borg sees as an economic/publicity opportunity.

I was glad Daft Punk won - and I think they handled it just right - now they'll gain a few more fans (probably 80%+ of people who bought RAM bought it for the the single and haven't listened to the rest or skip over the tracks when they come up on shuffle), and slip back into mainstream obscurity.

I bet most of the other artists there were thinking how unfair it was how two guys in helmets got top honors - that, or they attribute the success to Pharrell (although from what I understand, Nile is more to credit for Get Lucky's success than anything else).

I wonder if Daft Punk getting mainstream recognition would ever cause Richard (AFX) to go and make a mainstream hit just to see if he could...

Guest disparaissant

alex jones is all about freedom but doesnt want freedom for satanist, what the fuck does he wants then

what about MY rights as a reptilian member of the illuminati who belongs to the bildebergers AND the freemasons, huh?

what am ~I~ supposed to do?

i didnt know who macklemore was. then i watched the performance.

i think it almost single-handedly made me reverse my position on gay marriage.

i didnt know who macklemore was. then i watched the performance.

i think it almost single-handedly made me reverse my position on gay marriage.

I'm sure there's at least a couple of your students who would like to perform some reverse positions with you Smetty!

Archived